“HOrrible!!”

Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed September 20, 2006

It was a horrible stay!!!
The owner was really rude and mean!!!

Do not stay at this place, it is not worth it.

They call themselves a 3-star hotel?!? ----!?!?!?

It is THE most horrible hotel ive ever stayed in.

DONT GO!!!

Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reviewed August 29, 2006

Well I've never left a review before on a hotel and this place offended me so badly that I felt obligated. The name says it all. This place ruined my family's trip. I was interrogated about my rate, and then told I would have to pay an extra five dollars per room for breakfast, which consisted of bread and ceral. My daughter's bed was covered in what appeared to be blood stains and the A/C didn't work. I called the front desk and the owner/manager/bellman/housekeeper, "SHAW", had the nerve to question me as to why I even needed AC on such a nice day. Rooms also smell sour from water damage and you can't shower without the whoever's walking down the hall looking in at you. Flea bag motel.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Chandrakant_Shah
Reviewed June 5, 2006

This is a rundown Motel that shoud be closed and knocked down, to be used for overnight guests never more! The owner / manager "CK" should never be in contact with guest or his staff. He is the "Tyrant Resident Evil" who makes a bad stay even worst.Why the Health Dept. or the Labor Board has not acted is a wonder? The The Bates Motel from "Psycho" would have earned a better rating than this dump! Stay away... it's an evel place.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
9  Thank Richard S
Reviewed April 3, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while we were in San Jose. What a creepy place! It's actually exactly how the other reviewers have described it (the ones who gave 1 star review). The place is dark and creepy and the bathroom has windows that are very low. It gives me the creeps to take showers because I have a feeling that someone could be standing outside watching. The sheets are old and so was our bed. We would NEVER come in again, no matter how good the rate is!!!! We travel a lot and this is by far one of the worst hotels EVER!!!! Go somewhere else, please!!!

• Stayed: February 2006
8  Thank ltrio
San Jose, CA
Reviewed March 30, 2006

Large spacious rooms, comfortable beds, great water pressure, awesome morning breakfast spread, A plus customer service from Sameer (I think that is her name). I also stayed in one of their suites for about a week and I hated to leave. Highly recommend this place to anybody. I don't know why so many people wrote the bad reviews, I love this place.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 11, 2006

It was the first time that our group stayed at the Sundowner Inn. We booked our group of 20 rooms through their Sales Office and their Sales Manager could not have been nicer or more helpful and attended to every detail of our special requests. She gave us the finest customer service we have had since our group have been staying in hotels. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and had all the amenities that we could ask for. Each morning we had a very nice hot buffet breakfast of scambled eggs, sausage, assorted fresh fruits, assorted cereals, pastries and muffins,french toast and plenty of juices, coffee & tea. They had high speed internet access and a business center with coffee and tea available 24 hours. Everyone treated us great and all of us had an enjoyable experience. It was a tremendous value for the money and we plan to stay there again next year.

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, ca
Reviewed February 12, 2006

I booked this hotel because it was nearby the SJ convention center...it is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I sat down and plugged my computer in and immediately smelled a stench of urine - it was all over the chair. The bathroom was filthy and had half empty bottles of shampoo spilled in the bathtub. I asked to be moved to another room and the general manager said that I could not (they were full). I checked out immediately. The best part? The general manager said he was going to charge me for the three days I was supposed to be staying there. Not only will I never go anywhere near this dump, but I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business