“good!”

Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed June 14, 2013

location is good, and price is very good ! There were. a couple of problems, but it is not big ones(TV cable problem. etc).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 2, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

No frills nice and cosy place to stay. Great Super king bed in the suites. Ample parking space. Cons: Same breakfast day in day out for 8 days. Bath light automatically shuts off by sensor especially when you are having a shower at night. Shower temperature inconsistent, one minute hot one minute cold.

• Stayed: June 2012
A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed May 26, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Got "stuck" with this hotel booking on Priceline and was a little worried when I read the reviews. I figured we were staying here after 4 nights of camping so my standards would probably be quite low and it was only for 1 night. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't dirty at all and we had a very nice room. They must have done some remodeling since some of the reviews as our room had wood laminate floors, which is genius for a hotel. The linens on the bed were clean and the bathroom was fine. No problems with the TV either. While I didn't find the staff overly friendly, they weren't rude either and as my 2 year old would say, they were just fine. The hotel can be noisy if you are unfortunate enough to have people wandering around late in the night, but I think the place was pretty empty while we were there so no noise complaints from me. All in all I was pleased with our experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank roadster13
Reviewed May 7, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this location as part of a large school group. While the layout worked well for our group and supervising the kids in their rooms, that was about the only benefit of this hotel. It reall was a bit of a drive to anything else we visited, the rooms were all terrible in their own ways, and the crowd staying there left much to be desired. The room I personally stayed in had wet carpet (my roommate thought it best to believe it was because they had just shampooed the carpets...I have my doubts, unless it was to get rid of the bloodstains and meth residue!). The two outlets we could ever locate had holes so far apart and ancient that none of my chargering plugs could stay in and kept falling out. The bathroom has no fan, so the only ventilation was to open the window...not something I reallly wanted to do in this location. Late night, middle of the night, and early morning noises made sleep difficult- sirens, knocking, loud talking from people coming and going ,streetsweepers idling in the parking lot late at night (seriously!), etc. While in the parking lot one night, I was approached by two sketchy young guys and asked if I wanted to join them for beer...I declined and was thankful it was me they asked, rather than any of the 8th graders I was on the trip with. Safety was of conern here- we did not have any inicidents or run-ins, but it would not have surprised me if the cops had shown up for a raid at any point. The breakfasts were ok and the kids enjoyed the pool, but it was definitely not a vacationer's first choice hotel. Other room complaints we heard from our group included not functioning door handles, broke light fixtures, peeling wallpaper, multiple appliances plugged into dangling power strips, odors, garbage in the parking lot, exposed nails in the sauna, and just a general overall run-downess of the hotel. A makeover is in order for sure!

Room Tip: Good luck...