Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale
Best Western Silicon Valley Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotels.com
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$275
$209
Wild Palms
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$233
Country Inn
Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$195
The Grand Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$303
Maple Tree Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$209
$100
The Domain Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 10, 2012

large room, but stained old furniture. Reservation said sofa bed, but it wasn't. bathroom smaller than a closet. Breakfast unedible!. Rubber eggs, old canned pineapple, no flavor coffee, ect.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dancernancy
Reviewed January 28, 2012

POUNDING bass from the Sunrise Room. I live more than two streets away, yet the walls everywhere inside my home are often pounding during the weekends from parties going on at the Sunrise Room at the Sundowner Inn. FROM MORE THAN TWO STREETS AWAY. Weekend after weekend after weekend. I have a really bad cold as I am writing this and have been trying to get rest, but when I called the hotel and asked the employee to please turn down the music, that my walls were vibrating more than two streets away, instead of them turning the volume down, they turned it up. Even after I called the police and they had them turn down the music, only 30 minutes later it was blasting again and shaking the inside of my house. If you are a weary business traveler (or a weary traveler of any kind), do not stay here during a weekend if you are looking for somewhere where it is possible to sleep at night or even take a nap during the afternoon. The music blasts for hours and hours. Indifferent management and staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Software_Engineer_11
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I am not sure where to begin!!
I booked the room through Hotwire...I usually stay at 4 star hotels & this is the very reason as to why!!
I checked into hotel, to take my kids to great America !! I would like to first start with the smell in the room...stale, stinky room, maybe cigarettes, I'm not sure..BUT hit you as soon as you enter strong!! carpet is stained & dirty..all over..the curtain was hanging & i could not get it to close w/o using my hair clip!! toilet seat was cracked..blankets were dirty..I honestly don't think they changed the bedding!! I itched all night..as well as my 2 kids..not sure what was in the bed,, chain lock for safety. (not), bathroom window didn't close & the refrigerator didn't work..(not that we wanted to use it) my daughter opened it..smelled anyway.. two phones in room & neither one of them worked..& when I called front desk to let them know (on my cell phone) they said they would fix it..BUT never did..lots of noise & feels unsafe..BUT that is just the begining of my nightmare!!

we checked in, went to room, to put luggage away & change clothes to head out..had a yorkie dog as well, i put her in the bathroom & shut the door....we were at great america about 5 or 6 hours..I go into my room & see the bathroom door open & my dog is GONE!! So of course i freak out..we have had her 3 years..like my child!! my daughter goes to ofice before me..i am looking around room etc..she comes back saying the lady at the front desk kept telling her there is a no pet policy..& we shouldn't have had the dog..so I go there, to see what is going on.,she keeps yelling saying there is no dogs allowed & the dog ran out of the room.when the housekeeper went in..WHY did she go in?? we had just checked in that day?? had privacy please on my door...WHY did you go in,,she just kept reminding me about the dog policy & telling me she was going to call the police if I didnt stop yelling at her..UM OK,,I just lost my CHILD..my family member & all you can think or care about is a freakin pet policy?? wheres the manager?? he wont be there till morning..she barely gave me his name..Im in tears at this point..the police did come out..& they did nothing either..so I have no dog..cant get refund..& have to stay now with my kids in this hell hole..
the morning comes around..the manager get there around 12..he is a complete..well lets just say he didnt give a bit of sympathy to me...nor act as if he cared..he said no dogs allowed, as im crying..& not even saying ill compensate you for the room..he ACTUALLY had the nerve to ask me was i checking out now or staying because it was 12:20...WOW!! WOW!! There is more to this story..BUT I think I pretty much summed it up...
I understand a NO pet policy But is this like a punishment?? ..BUT does that give you the right to enter my room?? after check in?? when my dog runs off, say basically "oh well"", not only was she a family pet..she was AKC registered & expensive..4 pound little dog..
I heard 5 different stories..first the housekeeper was told I was suppose to check out..UM ok,,i had just checked in..isn't this invasion of privacy..when you opened the door & luggage was there, shouldn't you get out?? Than I was told my dog was at the front door barking & crying..so she went in..then I was told she went in & only thing in the room was my dog leash & the dog,,when she opened bathroom door, my dog just ran out..NOPE..she would not have just run..she would have rolled over & wanted to be pet..she (the housekeeper) had to scare her..I just want her back..
SO BE WARNED && BEWARE!! still do not have my dog

Room Tip: dont go here..
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank evonna j
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The Sundowner Inn is a great place to stay, as far as the rooms and location. The staff were great at check-in, but totally unresponsive after checking in. My blow dryer was not working on the first morning and when I called to the front desk, she said she would send maintenance up. I asked for her to send a blow dryer, but she said maintenance would be up immediately. I waited 15 minutes, but had to leave. I was very disappointed. No one ever came and fixed the dryer, so I had no dryer the next morning either. A simple thing, but frustrating.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Colleen74_11
ckshah, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Thank you for your kind comment on our facility, I am sad to hear the staff did not get you the hair dryer when you needed it. I will personally make sure this is a topic of discussion this week in the staff training meeting. Meeting your expectations is a priority.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

This place is disgusting! I went to my room and sat on the bed figuring out I need to get to the marriot, Sheraton,....wherever, and the headboard falls off. Maintenance comes and re-hangs...yes I said that right. Hung my suit and hangers were taped with packing tape. The alarm clock? I think they bought it in my grandmas garage sale. And folks this is outdoor room entry. Straight up ghetto feel. Like your neighbor should be a hooker. Place needs some serious overhaul

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank Daron27

At the Sundowner Inn we strive for affordable room rates and a happy guest experience. I regret we did not meet your expectations. We are currently upgrading and improving our room amenities. I do thank you for your feedback.