“Allergy "Unfriendly"”
Review of Faz

Faz
Reserve with OpenTable
Faz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 377 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway 237
Toronto, Canada
“Allergy "Unfriendly"”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The review is a paraphrase of what the manager told me: I am sorry, but there are too many plates leaving the kitchen and I cannot guarantee that there will not be any cross contamination.

It is hard to accept that this place is actually in the business of being a restaurant. I left after essentially being refused service.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RandyFromOntario

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hartford, Connecticut
“Mediocre food and service”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We ate both a lunch and breakfast at Faz both because it was convenient and we were staying at the hotel. The lunch had potential, as the food is billed as Mediteranian. I ordered a Greek salad, which for the price charged, should have been more than just lettuce a couple of olives and a few sprinkles of feta. My father had a little better meal of the appetizer platter with falafel, hummus and tabuleh. The service was abismal. No one seemed to be in charged and no one seemed to know what they were doing. It was worse for breakfast (buffet). The lack of service and managment made us wait for silverware, bowls and even food. And the restaurant waqsn't even crowded when we got there. It was as if they never expected to have people come in for food. The pasteries were also stale and ice cold, as if they has just come from the freezer! If you are going to serve as the only food venue at a SHERATON Hotel, you should really get your act together!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rakdanit
Los Altos, California
“Great anniversary dinner!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went here for our anniversary when we could not get a reservation at another restaurant. Glad we did. It was exceptional in every way. ..food, atmosphere, view, service, ease of parking and noise level. Why do people put down restaurants attached to hotels? In this case it is attached to the Sheraton. This means that you get the benefit of easy parking and a beautiful view of the grounds from the floor to ceiling windows and doors. The decor is lovely, and the service was terrific. I wanted a seafood pasta, but the seafood penne with shrimp and scallops came with a Marinara sauces. The seafood linguine with clams came with a white wine sauce. When Roxanne, our server, saw me deliberating between the two, she suggested they switch the sauces for me - so I got the penne with the white wine sauce. It was delicious. We split a huge Greek salad and had a lovely wine, Faz Chardonnay. Finally, one of my prime judging points for a restaurant is noise level, and Faz was great on this. My husband and I could have a real conversation without shouting. It felt very warm and intimate. Finally it was moderately priced. I highly recommend.

• Visited June 2013
Sterling, Virginia
“Good for Business”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice Restaurant in nice environment. Good food, polite and fast service. You can sit outside.
Recommendable for business meals.

• Visited May 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Convenient and good”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Food vaariety was enough. Breakfast was good and starts 6:30am which is very convenient. Not at all exciting by any standards but acceptable

Visited May 2013