“Restaurant was OK”
Review of Faz

Faz
Reserve with OpenTable
Faz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 382 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway 237
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had heard good things about this restaurant but was disappointed. The service was very slow due to a Christmas party going on. We waited 15 minutes for a dessert menu and finally gave up and left. The food was good, just unhappy with the service.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We just had one breakfast here while staying in the hotel. They offered a buffet and menu breakfast. The menu had a good selection. I had egg shells in my cheddar omelette but the server did a good job keeping my coffee cup filled.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Sunnyvale for 3 nights on a business trip. We were without a car and ate all our meals here. The breakfast menu is actually better than the buffet, and about the same price. The buffet has the usual eggs, sausage, bacon, pastries and fruit. The menu eggs,pancakes and omelettes were much better.
Lunch is a limited menu, but still has plenty of choices. I had a shrimp linguine curry and it was fabulous. The portion was big. In fact, so big I did not eat dinner that evening!
Dinner has lots of kabob choices, including sturgeon kabob, lamb, chicken and beef. For fish lovers, there was delicious salmon and crab cake appetizers as well. For dessert, skip the pumpkin cheesecake...a disappointment. ORder the regular cheescake, which was wonderful. And so was the baklava & mud pie. A friend had the saffron-pistachio ice cream and enjoyed that too. We did a lot of sharing and that's how I got to sample to so many dishes. It is a bit pricey, with entrees in the $18-22-25 range. A glass of Murray Ridge pinot noir was $8.50. Service was just so-so though. Dinner seemed to take a long time to serve, as did lunch. It may be that our large group (135 people) overwhelmed the cook and wait staff when we all piled into the restaurant at once.
The decor is very elegant, and there is a bar area with TV, for those who just want a small bite and a cocktail.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our team dinner in this restaurant was both the worst and most expensive meal in Silicon Valley. The food was mediocre and typical of a mass produced meal with no character and no real flavor. Service was average. I would definitely never go there again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Room service food was lukewarm. Lamb skewers should have been flavorfull, but really not. I'd probably eat somewhere else.