“It's just what I expected.”

St. John's Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 397 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 9, 2013

All the different items we ordered were good. The portions were just right, the fries were hot, hamburgers were tasty, Philly cheese sandwich was great and the chicken sandwich was fresh and moist. When you go to a place like this you can't ask for more. They aren't a fast food restaurant and there not a higher end restaurant. For this style restaurant, you won't find better.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I am staying nearby and someone mentioned this spot for a great Cobb salad. There is no wait staff, you check out the menu and order at a central spot and get a beeper for when your meal is ready. I went with a coworker and we had a great guacamole burger and split the salad with some zucchini chips . The food was fresh was a great deal for the price. Lots of TVs to catch the sports action.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We go here for the burgers and have always had good food and portion sizes. Today the burger my husband got was the hamburger with chili (which the chili is an extra $3). we would have been better off paying for a cup of chili for the $3 price and would have gotten 2/3 more than we did on the burger. Simpy chili on your burger for the same price as a bowl of chili. Not happy with the serving size today.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This place was packed when I stopped in for a burger. I soon learned it was packed due to half price burgers on Wednesday evenings!
To be fair it might always be this busy, since I am only visiting I really can't say.
They have lots of options and I chose to get a bacon-guac burger and a side of fries.
The food all had a good flavor but I do think that taste of the burger and toppings is masked with the excessive size of the bun. The bun should be smaller, it's just that simple, if you can't see the burger, then the buns too big!
Fries were very tasty and their flavor wasn't masked by bread.
I would try them again and go for something on the spicy side

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Had a mushroom cheesesteak and thought it was very good. Alot of ingredients (beef, onions, mushrooms, and cheese) and served piping hot. Fries were pretty decent too. I would come back so I could try the burgers.