“Delicious”

Rama V Thai Cuisine
Ranked #88 of 382 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We found this place on Yelp, just down the street from our hotel and couldn't be happier. Service and food were amazing, next time we are in Sunnyvale we look forward to returning.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at Rama V. We had a party of five and ordered lots of different foods, from appetizers to desserts. All of our food was delicious. The staff was very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I ordered the pad thai and asked for veggies with it. I should have asked for just tofu. I still liked it but felt the tofu option might be better. Will try something else next time. Friends really liked the food. Thai iced tea was really good.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

A solid choice for a Thai lunch special.

I came here alone as a much-needed reward to myself after a DMV appointment. I had a lunch special of the vegetarian mussaman curry, and upgraded to the brown rice (splurging on that extra dollar!) I also ordered a $1.75 can of diet coke.... A pricey 12 oz!

First came the soup, which was chicken broth with celery, carrots, onion, and tofu in it. It's warming and nourishing, but I'm almost completely certain it's not vegetarian-- so look out!

Then came the main dish. The salad listed on the menu is definitely overstated-- just a couple shreds of iceberg lettuce, a couple sprigs of carrot, and some peanut dressing. The fried wonton wrappers are decent; they add some duck sauce-drizzled crunch to the plate.

The curry was easily the best thing of the meal, as it should have been, and it really did taste great! There was enough of it to leave me satisfied but not overstuffed, and the serving of brown rice was also plenty generous. Loved the peanuts in the massaman curry, and the tofu was perfectly done! All the vegetables tasted fresh and the whole thing tasted great.

Nothing was terribly memorable about the experience... The service wasn't very friendly, the value ($11 in total) wasn't something to rave about, the sides were a bit strange. But the curry was delicious, and I'd definitely come back! ... If I remembered it was here.