“Good Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The food, waitpersons, cooks and selection of beverages is great. The Christmas atmosphere is invigorating. We do not go as often as we would like to, but when we do, we are greated as old friends.

There are newer reviews for Pezzellas Villa Napoli

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is my favorite Italian restaurant around south bay. A family run place, has a very friendly atmosphere. We have tried quite a few vegetarian options and never been disappointed. Do not miss their Tiramisu!!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stopped in one night and enjoyed a fantastic veal parm, had a few beers, it was great. Ended up that of the 5 nights we were in town we ate there 4 of them. I absolutely enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, the canolis which I usually do not like, these were very tasty. I can't wait to get back to Stanford for another opportunity to enjoy the food and friends there.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

After arriving at our hotel we wanted dinner but were too tired to go out. The staff at the hotel recommended Pezzellas so I called and asked if they were equipped to do carry-out orders. The woman was very nice and said they would be happy to do a carry-out order, she also said they were very close to where we were staying. We ordered and my husband went to pick it up. The entrees were already packaged and sitting on the counter. He was informed that it would be just a minute for them to bring out the one desert we ordered. He waited over 5 minutes then the woman suggested he carry the bags to the car and come back for the slice of cheesecake (we requested strawberries and were told on the phone that they would put them on the side). After returning from the car he waited over 5 minutes again, he asked what the problem was and was told they were busy with customers. My husband reminded them that he too was a customer and that the entrees were getting cold in the car. After another 5 minutes, a total of more than15 minutes they brought out the desert without an apology of any kind. The manicotti was bland, nothing special and we received no bread. The Caesar salad's dressing was very heavy on brown mustard (not the normal Dijon, you could see the brown mustard seeds throughout the salad) and again there was no bread or crackers. The cheesecake was mediocre at best and was completely plain, no strawberries. The entire experience, food and especially service was poor.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

First, the positives. With two quite small children amongst us, at our request, we were seated on the outside patio. It was perfect - a pleasantly warm evening, we were the only diners out there, and the waitress was exceptional. She is a "veteran" at this restaurant, well-known and highly regarded by local residents [of whom my son and his family who live in Mt. View are included]. I am sorry that Ihave misplaced her name; her goal was our pleasure and the childrens' comfort level. Everything for which she was responsible was expertly and most genially attended. Then came the food: In the way of starters: The calamari was fresh but badly fried; the breading was soggy - not a hint of crispness anywhere, and dish itself was oddly bland. Tasteless, actually. Entrees: It took a LONG time! To her credit, the server took care of the children in a timely fashion; their dishes were simple pasta and soup. One of the adults had a steak that was ordered medium and appeared on the rarer side of MR. We had waited so long for the order that she chose not to pursue it with the kitchen, ate little, but took the meat home to be fixed for next-day's leftovers. At the server's suggestion I ordered one of the daily specials, Osso Bucco. I like this dish muchy and, order it whenever it is on the menu and recommended [one of only a few miscues by our server]. It was a serious disappointment: The dish was as bland as the starter, not sufficiently warmed when served, and gravy/au jus was,sadly, greasy. In placing my order I indicated perhaps a salad following the entree. Without asking, another server altogether brought the salad before the request was made. As it was, I had decided not to order the salad. That server, when informed of that, simply nodded and walked away, sans salad. When the table was cleared the salad went along and -- of course -- it appeared as an entry on the bill. The other server came to collect the check and I pointed out the error. Some words were exchanged, but ultimately it was removed. Finally, the recommended red wine was a serious disappointment, and way overpriced [my fault - I didn't ask the bottle's price when negotiating]. By the time we were finished with all of this, we all wanted out. Pronto. I thanked our server for her fine service, mentioned that I was disappointed on the meal itself, and we departed. In passing through the dining room on our exit, some of our experiences were more understandable: a large and boisterous table full of loud diners dominated the room. I saw no other diners but this group of probably several dozen folks celebrating something. They were keeping the staff busy -- including the competent server that tended us outside! OK - I'll chalk it up as a bad evening for them for these reasons. But, it was overall a bad evening for us. I will not return. though my son, who knows the place from previous meals there, insists we had an unusual poor experience. I'll take his word for it.