“Excellent middle eastern cuisine”
Review of Dishdash

Dishdash
Ranked #1 of 377 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dublin, Ohio
“Excellent middle eastern cuisine”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Excellent middle eastern cuisine on historic Murphy avenue in Sunnyvale. We had a reservation for 8, and they were kind enough to seat us outdoors, which was wonderful on this beautiful day in Northern California.

The appetizers were quite good. We ordered the shawarma with hummus and a veggie plate for all to share because we had a few vegetarians in our group. The baba ghanoush was excellent, and the eggplant was very good. The falafel were good, but not great, same for the shawarma. For the main course, I ordered the lamb shank, which was cooked perfectly with cauliflower in a white sauce. I also tasted the lamb kebab, which was succulent and tasty.

The wine selection was limited when not ordering a full bottle, although I was reasonably happy with my cab.

Overall, I'm glad we came here. I'd certain recommend it to friends.

Spring City, Pennsylvania
“Very good food; but service needs improvement”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

On a recent trip to Sunnyvale, we ate at Dishdash several times---on 2 occasions the meza for 2 take-out, and one time we ate in the restaurant.
The food was plentiful and very good---especially the take-out. When we actually ate at the restaurant, the food was also excellent, but the service was rushed and kind of ruined our enjoyment of the meal.
We liked our server very much and had an early seating which meant there were few other diners and no reason for rushing. We ate outside and there were many empty tables as it was 5:30 p.m.
We ordered appetizers and they were brought immediately…we remarked at how quickly. Before we had even finished these, our lamb shanks appeared--and we were not eating slowly. They were very large--portions are plentiful--and I ate about half of mine. It was whisked away while my husband was still eating. Not the way I expect things and am always annoyed when this happens to the point that I'll sometimes state that my husband is still eating. Servers need to be better trained as it is very poor manners to remove plates, unless asked, while others in your party are eating.
We would definitely eat at Dishdash again as the food is so good, but would insist they slow down a bit and let us enjoy our meal.

• Visited July 2014
Ashland, OR
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Be prepared for a wait, particularly on weekends. But you'll be glad you did. Best Mediterranean meal I've ever had. The chicken was to die for.

1 Thank Brewsbee
“Long wait”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Make a reservation! We didn't and had a long wait. I was starving by the time we got seated. Started with the appetizer platter which was fine. My entree of philo wrapped chicken in a spinach sauce was okay. Others in our party liked their entrees. Service was really spotty.....

Visited June 2014
London
“Lived up to high expectations”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I thought I'd give this place a shot due to the high ratings it had received. When I arrived I thought I might be in for a wait as there was a long queue for tables but the front of hose helpfully told me that the bar area was first come first served and this suited me fine as I was on business, travelling and thus by myself.

The food was outstanding (although hummus in the USA always tastes a little odd to me but that's the same everywhere). The server helpfully recommended a dish as it all looked so good on the menu.

I'll be sure to return next time I'm out here.

1 Thank KoalaJim