“Cafetaria ambience but great food and gracious service at low prices”
Review of Pho Binh Minh

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pho Binh Minh
Ranked #109 of 377 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Danbury, CT
“Cafetaria ambience but great food and gracious service at low prices”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is not a place for a date or business lunch as it has a cafetaria atmosphere with ample space and tables, and low prices.

But it's one of our (wife and mine) favorite restaurants whenever we visit the Bay Area - went there twice for lunch on this last 4 day visit, and for years it's been a popular haunt of my brother and pals who work close by. The Vietnamese food tastes great and they take pains to keep it healthy and avoid making anything too oily. The owners / managers (Ms. Kim and her brother Mr. Con - hope I got that right) emphasized this to us and service is gracious and warm. If you talk to any of these two they're very willing to customize dishes as well.

We like their noodle soups and one clay pot dishes. Their helpings are generous and "shareable". Among appetizers their spring rolls are also very good and low in fat and oil. I liked their pad thai noodles but my more discerning wife said this was only so-so. They serve green (Chinese?) tea gratis. I like their Thai iced tea - it is advertized as $1.50 with an extra $0.50 for "bubbles" but for that remember to specify small size. Their default glass size is large, with a lot of that sweet and creamy stuff, costing $2.95.

Their vegetarian (tofu and veggies) versions of their dishes are very good. I'm now a vegetarian but my wife who is not mostly goes for this too, so that's saying a lot. They offer light, medium and heavy spice options in most of their dishes, and we generally go for "medium" and find that to be quite benign, yet tasty.

• Visited November 2012