TripAdvisor

Falafel STOP
Order Online
Ranked #1 of 26 Quick Bites in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Israeli
Description: Falafel STOP is a fast service restaurant serving authentic Middle-Eastern Falafel as it is served throughout the Middle-East: inside freshly baked Pita bread (inside, not wrapped!) with salad, homemade tahini sauce, and a traditional hot sauce. We pride ourselves in 20 years of serving great meals to our customers, using only the best ingredients. Try our Falafel & Grill Bars for a truly genuine Middle-Eastern experience. We are sure that your first visit will not be your last.
Reviewed September 22, 2014

If you're looking for the best falafel you've ever eaten that is freshly made when you order, then stopping at Falafel Stop is a must. The original menu is quite limited to Falafel, Sabich (eggplant), hummus, and Israeli Salad, but another menu has been added to include Chicken Shawarma and Beef Kebab. My usual is the Falafel plate which includes 1 pita, Israeli salad, hummus, and pickles for under $7. Today I decided to branch out and try the Chicken Shawarma which was quite good and cost $9.20. However, there is only a small amount of chicken in the Shawarma, so if you're really hungry, get the Falafel plate which is very filling for one person. If you want to drink water, there are plastic cups at the register where you can take a cup and fill it up yourself at the little sink next to the register. Here's the confusing thing about ordering from the new menu, you order everything at the register, but the pick-up is at two different counters. While I was waiting for the Shawarma, guy #1 nodded to me when I showed him my number. After waiting for 5-10 minutes, I tell guy #2 my number and he says that he's been calling that number for some time. Hmmm. I didn't hear him. Everything was straightened out, but the whole pick-up thing at two different counters could be improved.

Date of visit: September 2014
1  Thank da_cookinCA
Write a reviewReviews (235)

Reviewed August 30, 2014

I do not care how good the food might be, one must treat customers better than they do at this hole in the wall falafel place.Actually, the food is not all that good and just because made by Israelis it does not mean the food is all that good. One must go through the pick up line to order, and staff seems not to know what was possible by way of order. After you order and pay one gets in line to order. That took about 20 mins. One gets to the order window and the staff seemed too distracted to get the order right,even though only two items. The salad ordered was being put into a pita till I asked if that was a salad, so she needed to start over and could not be bothered within the first hour of opening to get a whole wheat pita as asked. The salad was to be simple greens ,hummus and falafel, but all kinds of other, essentially unwanted stuff was piled on with a minimal amount of greens.there is a small number of picnic tables to eat at but very little space for customers to get to order and then wait in line. Family in area like it but I found the experience totally disappointing with terrible organization and food that was only so-so. Where I live other Israelis make better falafel and eggplant so I do have some basis for comparison, and not nearly as good as in Israel.

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Freshly baked doughy pita bread makes a huge difference whether it is with falafel, shawarma or chicken breasts. very tasty!

The place is super busy...and for good reason, they now have a parking traffic advisor to avoid dings on your car!

It seems like the falafel balls have gotten a little smaller than before, too bad, I like them moist.

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We recently ate at Falafel Stop several times while in Sunnyvale, and enjoyed all the food very much. If this place was close to us I think we'd be stopping weekly for lunch or to take-out. Falafel Stop does a very brisk business and lines are long so get there early. Everything is super fresh--the pitas are probably the best I've ever had. Everything we had was excellent and so much food!!! The seating is outdoors at picnic tables and Falafel Stop is always busy. Basically you stand in line, get to the counter, and order. They then make what you want right in front of you and you can choose what you want---if you wish something different than described. You can be sure things are fresh as they do such an amazing business and once you taste their food you'll understand why people go there again and again.
The only negative is very limited parking. One time we were there they had a man in the parking lot directing traffic---and it's a very small lot.
This place is a must if you're in Sunnyvale.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I would come here more often but for the calories. The menu is simple n limited but you can choose how to have your falafels. Love the pita bread and salad and ofcourse their dessert.

Date of visit: June 2014