“Dine in or take out - all good!”

King Wah Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #194 of 381 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is the only Chinese restaurant that serves my dad's favorite dish - Bittermelon with Beef. And my parents often come here just to eat this one dish. Bittermelon is not for everyone. So do try the crispy noodles with beef and scallops with abalone szechuan style. I will definitely return to try the other dishes. The lady who served us was friendly as well. And noticed a lot of people coming in to pick up their orders for take out so they won't need to line up.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Five of us (3 generations) went to King Wah on a Saturday night. Modest surroundings, modestly attended mostly by locals who seemed to know and enjoy the restaurant. We selected the soup and then shared 3-4 menu choices. The food was good, and we enjoyed the evening. My daughter said her favorite time to go to King Wah is for lunch--- won ton soup, an egg roll and her favorite fried rice.

1  Thank Charles S
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Just ok food and the place is kinda a dive.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 28, 2009

The waiter is as rude as he can be, but the food is great. Maybe takeout is the best idea at this place :)

Reviewed April 26, 2006

My family has been coming to this place for decades. It's a hole in the wall but the family that runs the place is friendly and the food is great and inexpensive. 4 can easily eat for low $20's. It's a bit of a time warp walking in with the wood paneled walls and orb lights but get past it and order up some West Lake Beef Soup or my favorite, the Eggplant Beef. This is real Chinese food so prepare yourself for a heavy dinner. My other favorite is the Salted Fish and Chicken Fried Rice.

1  Thank chetliew