“We were expecting something better, but got to be disappointing”
Review of Il Postale

Il Postale
Ranked #17 of 397 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013

we came after we saw very good recommendation about this place, we came in and it was full but there was a table for us and we sat down quickly, they brought some bread and water, the bread was dry and didn't felt fresh at all.
we shared a Veggie Calzone, which was jut okay, not beyond the expected (we had Calzone in Italy, and it's NOT the same...)
for the main my wife had a penne with asparagus pasta, which was very good.
I've ordered a Salmon fish in cream sauce Penne Pasta, and it was very bad, i asked to return it and couldn't eat anything else, it kind of make me feel sick. not i don't know if it's my bad or theirs, but that's what happened.

the other annoying thing is from the time I've asked to return my meal, the service went downhill and they were not "nice" anymore.
we were expecting much more of this place, and were a little disappointed, i guess we will give them another try sometime.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

good Italian with great service. A little pricey but very comfortable space and location in growing in Murphy street area. Food is very good, traditional Italian cuisine.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

have eaten here multiple times. a different experience each time. food quality, in overall terms, beats some of the other "genuine Italian" restaurants, but still doesn't compare to the east coast Italian eateries. Noisy indeed, and there is very limited space to spread out, so you'll hear your fellow guests' conversation. wait staff is okay; even when they're not super busy, not necessarily the most attentive types.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Really good authentic Italian food, great ambience and service.
The pasta with fresh seafood is an excellent option for seafood lovers. The seafood is actually fresh!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was actually our second time eating here, we were here probably 3 or 4 years ago with a small group. I really don't recall what we had, but I do remember we really had a fabulous time. This time both my husband and I started out with some really yummy martini's, I had the pom martini and my husband had the caramel apple, they both were very good, they were not stingy with the booze. I had the seafood risotto and my husband had the linguine with chicken and sausage and a bunch of other yummy stuff. The food was awesome, the ceasar dressing was really good and our main dishes were wonderful. We had brought our own bottle of wine, which of course was fabulous! We even had dessert, my husband had the vanilla gelato puff with chocolate sauce and I had the raspberry cheesecake, everything was wonderful! We went on a Thursday night, it was very quite and not very packed, but I enjoyed the fact that it wasn't supper crazy. I know their website says they only take reservations for 5 or more. So was really happy they were able to sit us immediately. We will be back!!