“Lovely Staff and Good for a Motel 6”

Motel 6 Sunnyvale North
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Motel 6 is very, very basic - it's a place to sleep and shower and this property definitely did the job. It's been recently updated with Ikea type furniture and wood laminate flooring. It was clean and comfortable - firm platform bed, clean and functional bathroom/shower.
The day manager was fantastic - very nice, polite and I got the room I had booked on the web - first floor was required and even though we checked in late in the day, when the hotel was full (due to a nearby concert), we got the room we booked online.

This was an excellent Motel 6 - basic, but better than average.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, stay away from the ground floor behind the Burger King drive through. The acc...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 007_nic

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Beds were hard as a rock, pillows were no better. People above us smoking pot, dog poop on sidewalks leading to room and in landscaping. Traffic noice from the Burger king being open 24/7 is hard to get a good nights sleep. Hair in the sink, tub and on the pillow cases. All around horrible one night. We were suppose to be there for 5 days for a funeral and left after the first night. Took our cash up front for all five days and stated if we did not stay we would be refunded the money. It took us over an hour to get the cash back we had already paid. Went to the Quality Inn on El Camino, rates were a little higher, but the rooms were spotless, and it came with breakfast and amenities like shampoo which the Motel 6 did not.

Room Tip: Don't bother, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephanie A
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Ok, its a Motel 6 and its VERY basic. It is one of the re-done ones so the decoration is very IKEAish, very sparce and utiltarian. Saying that, its a bed and bathroom and it served its purpose. I asked for and received a first story room since I have some mobility issues. Got room 137 which was ok except that the stairs were right outside the door and I listened to people going up and down quite a bit. Luckily it was a week day so there were not tons of people at the hotel.

Hotels in Silicon valley are terribly expensive during the week due to the traveling businessman. And I have never paid $90 for motel 6 before but even that rate was about 1/2 of everywhere else in the immediate area.

I was in town for an interview with the City. Interview was at 9:10 am. At 8 I went out to my car and discovered that the people next to me had parked with 3 inches to spare and there was no way to get into my car. I'm also a very large woman. So I called the front desk, gave them the car descpr and lisc and they proceeded to try to find the person who owned it so they could move it. They called back and said they found the person. 8:25 am. no car moved so I called again. Apparently they had the wrong car. So they sent me a very thin young lady who proceeded to climb in the other side of my car, also very little space to get in, and then climb over my seat and back the car out. I made it to my interview, don't know yet what the result was but it was all becuase they went above and beyond to help. they could have told me to call AAA.

If I make the next level of interview, I'll stay here again. My suggestion is to avoid the way back lotas you go to the right, the spaces are really tiny. Either park in the back or on the left side and walk through.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We spend a lot of time in Motel 6 rooms ... and this one is the best we've ever been in .... the rooms are updated and very nice and clean, the overal look is very tidy and nice, the staff is doing a great job ... we were very pleased with our stay !! :)

Room Tip: Go here when you look for a room on Highway 101 ... :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DiabloDesigns v
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is an update to my January review. Apparently after complaints in December about the internet slow speed and dropped connections, and the washing machine draining all over the floor in the laundry room, I was blocked from staying at this location. Note: I had complained on multiple occasions to the person at the desk, and the issue were never fixed, so I complained to the corporate office. This resulted in the manager indicating, on the computer system, that I was banned for "aggravated misconduct". Months later, I was finally able to get the manager to talk to me, but I had to drive over there in person. She told me I had been rude to an employee? That was odd because I never spoke to an employee on the last visit except to check in, and request a room change due to plumbing vibrations in the shower. However, none of this was done in a rude way, because I simply don't think that is the best way to get what you want. In any case, the face to face meeting did not result in a solution. Multiple letters to corporate and emails to the manager of his location finally got me the certificate I should have gotten due to my reservation not being honored, AND the manager said I could stay at this location again..... I won't. There isn't much difference between them and the location across the street, except at the location across the street you can usually pick up the WIFI from Hobie''s restaurant for free. Not the best speed, but then it is still better than what I had paid for at M6 Sunnyvale North... I don't need to do business with a place that won't fix problems, and who call it "aggravated misconduct" when you report an unresolved problem to the corporate office.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were looking for a place to stop over on our west coast college tour. Toured 2 schools in SF and needed a place to sleep that night before heading down to the south bay. Best rates you'll find in Silicon Valley. Don't expect butler service. We liked that there were wood floors to minimize on hidden dirt and pet hair. Ikea-like furnishings. Neighborhood is fine, just a few people that look like residents. When we were unloading the car a few guys were hanging out in the lot glaring at us. Not the hotel's fault. Just keep your curtains closed since people have to walk by your room to get to theirs. Bath, washroom and beds were clean. Even had a fridge and microwave. Courteous front desk. Would stay again if budget is a concern.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor to cut down on foot traffic by your room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank postaltravel
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in a single room w/the fridge on a bottom floor facing the pool. I was very happy with the place, considering the price and it being a last minute booking. Clean and neat. Staff were VERY helpful. I asked for a late check-out (which is an option they don't normally have) and they were very accommodating with my schedule. I had my dog with me, and that was no extra charge. However, you do have to pay for internet ($2.99/day) It's a Motel 6, so can't really give it 5 stars. Bring your shampoo and your hair dryer. But I was very satisfied. Cheap and clean and great, cheerful service. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo