“Rude Management” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Francis Arms

St. Francis Arms
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sunnyvale
St. Francis Arms
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
washington, d.c.
“Rude Management”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2006

Lost a necklace during my trip and when I called to follow-up to see if maidservice had found it no one got back to me. When I called for the second time front desk person was rude and defensive.

Stayed June 2006

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2006

The room was hot and smelled of mold or mildew when we arrived. It looked like a studio apartment from the 70's that has never been updated with popcorn ceilings and low sinks in the bathroom and dirty white walls. The carpet looked dirty as did the blinds, walls, etc. The a/c unit was so outdated - it took hours to cool off the room. The bed was only a full. Would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
      Cleanliness

Travelers are raving about these Sunnyvale hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2006

There internet is not reliable for the business people as it went down almost every day in the last week of the month. I understand it failing once in awhile however daily, I be getting a new server. Seem office persons didn't understand when I called to report the down service, they reported my shower out of order! Other wise every thing else was very clean and nice.

• Stayed April 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2005

we had a two bedroom suite--outstanding!

its a converted apartment building, and a great place for the feel at home for a long stay.

not too many services, but very helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fritztastic
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2004

I stayed here about a year ago and while the exterior is just decent, the interior is very nice and extremely clean. It's in a nice area and is very close by to restaurants, supermarkets, even a golf course and lots of retail shops. The rooms itself though are set back from the main road so it does provide a little more privacy. Complimentary breakfasts are pretty good. Mostly hardboiled eggs, some sausages, hams, and great danish's. I had to stay here for a little more than two weeks and I would recommend the place with no problems. If you smoke but aren't able to get a smoking room, no problem because each unit has a balcony.

3 Thank cbyao
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2004

My boyfriend and I stayed here from 3/15/04 - 3/20/04. I was scared after reading the reviews, but once I got there, I was so glad. This is a clean place and even though it is not gated, our apartment was all the way in the back so we felt safe since it was away from the main road. Our place was clean and the hallways didn't smell (from what someone had mentioned in a review). The TV was small, but we didn't watch TV much so it was not a big deal... but the only things I can complain about was the pans, bedding and AC. I tried to make scrambled eggs and they tasted awful. The bedding was hard 3 tc thread sheets (Luckily, I had brought my own 250 tc spare sheets! A MUST if you are staying long term) and there is no AC in the bedroom. We had to keep our window open which was noisy with the chirping birds first thing in the morning (it was unually hot in N. California when we stayed). The free breakfast is great (has lots of stuff!!). I would definitely stay here again!!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2004

Two of us stayed here in late Jan 2004. The apartment obviously dates back some decades, but the interior was clean and very spacious -- an apartment with a full kitchen. It was nice to have the sitting area and the fridge. For the price, it was a great deal. We stayed in more expensive hotels with lots less room. I got the lowest rate on the web, and the person at the front desk told me that next time I could simply call him and he'd offer me the same rate without the bother of going on the web. The breakfast was a very nice effort, and perfectly described by the staff as, "slightly more than continental." They have a few things to learn about miso soup and rice (the reconstituted soup needs some fresh garnish, and you need to have something to eat with the rice -- pickles or fish or something) but it was a thoughtful effort to please Japanese guests, and we appreciated the touch. The TV was run down, but functional, and there was free DSL. Our experience was perfectly acceptable, though we kept laughing and saying to each other, "What a funky hotel. . . "

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member