“This Is Not A Hotel!”

Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
A TripAdvisor Member
“This Is Not A Hotel!”
Reviewed May 24, 2003

This is not a hotel- it's a corporate apartment complex. I TRIED staying there once last year, only to have them tell me the kind of room I booked was not available. After about 20 minutes the man at the desk- quite possible the rudest person I've ever encountered in years of business travel- gave me a room and key and I carried my luggage there only to find a big burly man open the door when I tried to get in because he was already living there! They said they had no other rooms available like I had requested, but would give me a different room. The guy didn't even apologize for the lengthy wait or the mistake he made in sending me to an occupied apartment. Horrible, horrible, horrible experience! I finally cancelled the reservation (without his help I might add) and used my cell phone to secure a room at a nearby hotel I trusted. Do I need to add that they wouldn't let me use their phone to call? Do not stay here unless you want incompetence and rudeness to reign over your stay.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed February 13, 2003

Poor maintenance of TV remote controls and answering machines in rooms. Often bad record-keeping in office. One time I was assigned to a room and found that it had not yet been made up. The rooms and hallways have an unpleasant odor. My company had a contract with St Francis Arms, which is why I stayed there 7 times. PS: many of the other reviews on this web site appear to be bogus.

6 Thank laurelridge

Travelers are raving about these Sunnyvale hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 29, 2002

An excellent experience from making the reservations to check out. The grounds are delightful, rooms large and very clean, continental breakfast a delight, great pool and the staff goes out of their way to make sure that your stay is the very best it can be. First time I have even felt that the time it takes to place a review is worth it - St. Francis Arms deserves it!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member