The Grand Hotel
Maple Tree Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$149
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$205
$127
$149
QualityInn
Courtyard Sunnyvale Mountain View(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$299
Courtyard
  • Pool
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$199
The Domain Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$199
Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$280
Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$284
$241
Staybridge.com
$209
$188
Priceline
$185
1,119 results
All reviewsomelet barhappy houromelet stationdouble sinksgreat hotelsilicon valleyroom servicecomplimentary breakfastliving roomrooms are spaciousexcellent breakfastbusiness tripexcellent staymountain viewenjoyed my stayel caminofree parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights while on business. The rate was competitive, the room was big and comfortable, the bathroom was clean and modern. The breakfast was fresh with a lot of variety, and the service was impeccable. I had full days with transportation arranged so not having additional amenities at the hotel such as a gym were not an issue for me. I'd be happy to stay there again the next time I need to be in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marichan623
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel focuses its attention on the business traveller, and I have nothing but good things to say. I've read some of the more negative reviews, and true, they don't have a gym, but a run in the residential area behind the hotel is beautiful. Car rental within a 5 minute walk, and public transit right outside the door. Free parking. Limo transportation to and from the airport, and to and from work every day that was on time without fail. My room was spotless. My reservation also said "king" and I had a room on the first floor with two queen beds and a window facing the parking lot, but who cares? It's business travel, and a single traveller takes up a tiny space in a king or a queen. It was way more than I needed.
I think their "happy hour" drinks and light snacks from 5-7 is brilliant. Almost everyone is there alone, so it gives opportunity for conversation. I really enjoyed my wine choices, and they had a huge variety of liqueurs and upper end beers.
Every single time I walked in the door the front desk staff looked up and smiled. Genuinely. I can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel where they smiled at all. Bartender attempted to strike up a conversation with everyone. Friendly.
I didn't hear any outside noise at all while inside my room. Bed was comfy, and it felt like all the bedding and towels were brand new. Dingy room? I couldn't disagree more.
I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HJEO
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The location of the Grand hotel is pretty good. It's on El Camino Real and it's pretty close to some of the major offices in the SV/MTV/SJC areas. The rooms were bit of a disappointment though. The ambiance was dated, and the room felt pretty dingy. The breakfast was also a bit of a disappointment. It was the standard spread but it was nothing great.
The one thing that stood out was the size of the rooms and the bathrooms. The room was huge and had floor to ceiling glass windows, which I've not seen in too many other hotels. And the bathroom was huge (and had marble flooring).
On the whole, it was a standard business hotel, albeit with a dated style. If you're there for just 2-3 days on business, it might be a good no-frills hotel. But if you're planning a longer visit with family possibly, it might not be the best option.

Room Tip: Do not go for a room on the first floor. Rooms have floor to ceiling glass windows and if you're on the first floor, you'll have to keep those shut all the time for privacy. Higher floors would be way better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank thegurubase
Jerry L, Director of Sales at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel on your recent visit to Silicon Valley. Thank you, also, for taking the time to review our hotel. You'll be pleased to know that we are currently making final decisions on our new furnishings and a major remodel of the rooms will be underway in the coming months. The new look will be "Grand" both aesthetically and functionally. In the meantime we continue to deliver first class service and amenities and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had to stay as the client has this as their provider hotel.
Its a mainly business hotel but it has no facility to print.
It has no fitness room - a deal at some local club 1. 5 miles. The better place is Fitness 24 hours. They think free is good. The bar is dire - giving out free mediocre wine
Breakfast is free and mediocre
My room on Floor 4 was big and cold had the hotel air con on the roof vibrating all night - front desk response " yes we know that is a problem "
The area is badly served for hotels - but try others

Room Tip: If you have to stay - go for floor 3 as with 4 you may get the roof A|C
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Don't waste your money here. Our San Francisco based company works in Sunnyvale often for business and every time we've stayed here something has gone with our reservations. I was guaranteed a King room and ended up in a double Queen on the first floor, next to the kitchen and the bar. My window faced into the parking lot where cars were pulling in all night and shining their headlights into my room. HORRIBLE experience. When my colleagues tried to check in, they told them a pipe was broken in his room and they forced them to go to their sister hotel down the street. This is the second time in 6 months that a "pipe broke" in one or more of our rooms and part of our group had to be moved. The front desk staff are completley helpless and un-pleasant to deal with. Their complimentary breakfast in the morning is a joke. Never again will we book rooms here for our team or our clients.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business