“Stay away on weekends, Very Noisy”

Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 12, 2005

This was the absolutely the worst place we have ever stayed at. The problem we encountered is the noises that we hear at night; the noises are unbearable. On friday and Saturday night the club nearby closes and all the thugs hangout in the motels' parking lot with there car stereos thumping, the cops finally came after 1 hr to clear them away but it made them angry so they would purposely drive through the parking lot yelling profanities and blaring their car steroes. The guy at the front desk told us this happens every friday and saturday night. It was a nightmare. I also feared our kids safety too. Also the AC unit in the room itself makes a lot of noises.

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale

Reviewed September 5, 2005

We had the pleasure of staying here over the 2005 labour day weekend. The room was excellent, clean with a nice kitchen, nice if small compared to many places bed, excellent bath room (a bath mat was a nice touch, showers are dangerous without them) and good facilities in the hotel.

Check in was friendly and quick, there's a good sized car park, the gym is small but good and the free cookies and fruit very welcome. Breakfast was excellent, bagels, toast, fruit, cereal, help yourself and eat there straight away or take it back to your room.

I'd give it 5 out of 5, the facilities inc free internet are superb it makes a great place for a few days stay whilst you explore the area or go north to SF.

• Stayed: September 2005
Stockton, CA
Reviewed May 16, 2005

Larkspur Landing was such a pleasant surprise! The room rate was extremebly reasonable & the room itself was clean and spacious. The bed was so comfortable & the kitchen was extremely well equipped. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2005
Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2005

Stayed here for 5 nights in April. Loved it. Clean, spacious, extra touches and lots of effort by the staff.

Definitely recommend it and will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2005

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at and I have been around. I booked the with Priceline at a rate cheaper then a Motel 6. Check in was quick. I was given a choice of floors I wanted. The room was immaculate. It had a full kitchen, with a large microwave, dishwasher and an ample supply of utensils and cookware. The bed was so comfortable. They use very high quality bedding. Also included was a continental breakfast, free local calls, free DVD rentals, and free use of the business center with PC and printers. You are really made to feel welcome here. They even include a free snack in your room plus freshly baked cookies in the lobby. I would highly reccomend this hotel. Other hotels should take a lesson from the Larkspur Landing. One thing that turns me off from other hotels is all the nickel and diming you won't find here.

• Stayed: January 2005
1  Thank NY11373
Reviewed September 19, 2004

I travel quite extensively in my work and therefore stay in many chain hotels. I was recommended this hotel and found a great price of under $60 before taxes. I was not expecting the quality that I received for that price as I often pay much more and get much less. The rooms were very well furnished and extremely confortable. There was ample space to both work and relax. The kitchen was very well equiped with much more than I needed. A greater variety and imagination in the vending room would be my only criticism. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2004, traveled on business
1  Thank santiago_ed
The Sea Ranch, CA
Reviewed July 20, 2004

We returned to Sunnyvale recently (where we lived for 26 years) for a wedding and stayed at the Larkspur Landing. It was new to us since it is only 4 yrs old and we have been gone longer than that. I shopped around quite a bit since I knew the area fairly well. The price we got for a room (queen bed and full kitchen) was $62.10 with AAA discount. The hotel is much better than Embassy Suites where we have sometimes found things a little worn. I hadn't expected to find the kitchen so fully equipped with dishes, pans, utensils, etc. and lots of room. There was no traffic noise. Our room was immaculate and roomy and beautifully decorated. The normal breakfast room was closed because they were already upgrading that area. The breakfast wasn't huge but it was quite good. I would call it a normal continental: yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, lots of pastries, etc. The Larkspur is also conveniently close to the Highway 101/Matilda interchange yet there was not the normal noise you would associate with being that close. Our friends stayed in an older motel and paid more. I have just booked it again for this week as we return from a short trip with visiting relatives. This is definitely on my short list of favorite hotels.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member