“This is not a hotel... Not going back there”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed for a business trip (the only hotel in the area that had a free room) and I cannot call this a hotel.
No shampoo, no services, no extra blankets, no normal breakfast (Grab & go), and the bad was not even close to comfortable...
Very bad experience and the price just doesn't fit what you get.
This place is for someone who looks for low cost stay for long time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations and you weren't able to sleep comfortably during you stay. I apologize that you were not informed at check in that we have toiletries for guest at the front desk. I discussed your comments with the team, and we can assure your experience will not be repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at suv@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Upon arrival, bathroom had hair in bathtub and around toilet. Cabinets in kitchen were broken and didn't close...and secondary, latch lock on door was broken. Bed was uncomfortable. When informing front desk about the dirty bathroom they were sympathetic but didn't offer to do anything to rectify the situation. The least they could have done was to offer to send the cleaning staff back to the room to re-clean it...but that wasn't offered. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read about the level of cleanliness in your bathroom and the items in need of repair. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean, safe, comfortable room while you are our guest. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and we will be working to repair items as needed as well as provide your bathroom with a deep clean.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at suv@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I came in and had heavy luggage they gave me 3 rd floor room. No problem but then came to know they don't have lift , I changed it to 1st floor. When I unpacked every thing came to know stovetop not working.had to call front desk two times then the executive came in to check told me it will be fixed next day at 8 am. Next day no calls till 8.30 so called them again and the other executive at front desk told me there technicians don't work on weekend and will be coming next day .....
Asked them to change my room, reply no rooms available will be given if some one checks out can understand this but they should have checked before allocating a room if the equipments are working properly......
Internet : very week signals keeps on buffering.
I have came here to stay more than a month but looks like it will be difficult if this keeps on....
In that case I need to relocate to some other hotel...
I will put my reviews again when I leave the place lets see if they improve...
Room designs are not good your bathroom door just opens in front of your dinning area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The room I was allotted was felt as if was right in the middle of freeway. Poor noise insulation. Could hear vehicle sounds loud & clear inside the room. Requested to change my room. The front desk staff did not co-operate at all. The electric stove was not working. Called front desk. Answer was maintenance staff is gone. Will be back in the morning. So if you discover any issue late in the evening, live with it till next day. Housekeeping is once a week. They won't do dishes & there is no dishwasher... Do I need to say more?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the staff, noise from the freeway and your electric stove not working is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I met with the staff, and we will ensure to check all appliances are working before renting the room and provide exceptional customer service to ensure that this issue is not repeated. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at suv@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My room was dirty. It was clearly cleaned, but juts poorly. Beard shavings around the sink and other loose dirt. The air conditioning was very noisy and points directly at the bed. When I tried to move the vent (which turn out to not be adjustable) I noticed it was really greasy. Another room had an AC unit that was physically falling apart. In my bathroom, the fan is clearly on its last legs (bearings are gone) and makes a horrendous noise. Be aware also that sleeping in a room with a full size refrigerator is not comfortable (very noisy).

Then come the other things: for an extended stay hotel, they could provide you with some simple things like salt/pepper and dishwashing detergent and sponge. The latter is especially important since they say they do not do your dishes for you.

I am staying here for a short stay because I'm sharing a car with someone staying for much longer. In that respect, this place is a complete ripoff, because I'm paying the same rate as other hotels, but there is no cleaning service (they only clean rooms once every 7 days). So I have to go ask for soap/shampoo/towels if I run out, etc.

The prices aren't that great for long stays either. Might as well look for a furnished apartment.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I called to cancel my reservation a week prior, they said they would take care of it and there's no penalty. I was still charged for a no-show fee on my credit card. I guess they didn't process it properly

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that our staff was not able to meet your expectations. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at suv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I made my reservation via Hotwire and when I arrived the receptionist told me I had reserved a smoking room. I emphatically told her that was not right and she "upgraded" me to a deluxe king room. I would hope this hotel does not automatically down grade to smoking, handicapped with a Hotwire reservation but buyer beware. The room I was given was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KenVC_11
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Ken - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your request and exceed your expectations. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#23 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!