“Beats my expectations”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed in 2 different rooms in last 1 week. It's been excellent so far.

Have seen 3 or 4 different front desk staff. Most of them are courteous and helpful. CJ needs special mention. Looked at few other hotels near by after checking in here. I think front desk staff behavior and room cleanliness are the biggest difference.

Their check-in is at 3PM. Came in early. No hassle there. Were able to accommodate me. Rooms were very good. They smell good for a change. :) Bed is comfy. Anything I need, I just go to front desk and get them. Haven't used kitchen much. It's there along with empty refrigerator if you want to use.

For the price and the star rating it has, this is excellent choice in this location. Wish heater/AC has temperature control.

Room Tip: Pick the one close to front office. Couple of rooms towards the end may have noise from highway 237...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

We would like to express our thanks for your recent review of Extended Stay America Sunnyvale. I am glad to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us and that C.J at our front desk has been so helpful to you, we will be sure to pass on your thanks as well as ours for his courteous and professional manner. It is true that our newly refreshed guest rooms and hotel grounds are welcoming and comfortable for our guests stay. We pride ourselves on taking great care of our hotels for the long term enjoyment of all our traveling guests. We hope that you continue to enjoy your stay with us and will come back to visit us again in the future. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Sunnyvale.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Staying here for the third night and so far everything is great except the quality of sleep. My room is near Orleans drive and cars are passing by all the night. I wear earplugs anyway, but for the people without it could be a problem.
People are very friendly here, all of the issues were resolved very fast. Rooms are clean and well equipped. I'd definitely choose this hotel for my next stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Sunnyvale. I am so glad to hear that our staff was pleasant and helpful and that overall you enjoyed your stay. Please let me apologize that you were kept awake by the traffic on Orleans Dr. We do our best to minimize outside noise by having double paned windows and additional insulation for our rooms to ensure a peaceful night’s sleep for our valued guests. We will definitely take your comments to our corporate office for review of the noise issue to see if there are additional steps we can take to further alleviate this inconvenience. We do hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to our area in the future. Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The staff is awesome. I have to stay a few nights a week as my home is over 80 miles from work and the commute is horrendous. This place is quiet, homey, simple. The people are helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and well kept. Any issues or problems that arise are taken care of quickly and courteously by the staff. Coraly Dafferner, the Manager, and her team are caring folks who enjoy their job. Mei, CJ, Karla, Kortnee, and so many others really make it a home away from home experience. They also have an early bird breakfast - fruit, pastries.

Room Tip: If you book in advance you can get almost any room you want.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you so much for telling us and all travelers about your positive experience with us at Extended Stay Sunnyvale. We believe in providing over the top service coupled with fresh, clean rooms for each guest, each stay, and each day! I am so glad you have been able to feel at home with our staff; accommodations and early start grab and go breakfast. It is certainly our pleasure to have you stay with us during your travels to the bay area for work. We hope that you will continue to stay with us and try our other locations nationwide as well. Thank you again for your kind words. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Sunnyvale.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My company put the team up here for over a week for a company meeting in town. The rooms were nice, clean and newly renovated. The GM and front desk staff were extremely helpful, patient and accommodating dealing with our group. This is definitely a good location for corporate stays that last longer than a couple of days because of all of the "comfort of home" amenities in the room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Extended Stay America Sunnyvale. I am so glad to hear that your stay was so great! Our newly appointed guest rooms are fresh and inviting for your enjoyment and were so happy that they met your home away from home needs. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service and comfortable accommodations at a value that cannot be beat. Thank you again for your wonderful review of your stay. We hope that you will come see us again should your travels bring you back to our area. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Sunnyvale.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

When I arrive at 1:30am, the front office is closed and the door is locked -- I can not check in. The sign on the door says that the office closes at 10:30pm. Nothing was mentioned about this during the reservation or in the confirmation. No one answs the courtesy phone next to the front office (I hear the phone ring inside). Only after calling the 1-800 number to complain, someone finally shows up after 30 minutes or so. One other person was also waiting outside trying to check, equally baffled by the situation.

On the reservation I requested "a very quiet room" because I am a light sleeper. I *know* they got the request because it was printed on the check-in form which they gave me to sign. The room assigned to me must the noisiest room in the whole hotel -- it is the one which is the very closest to the big highway right in front of the hotel, facing the highway. Some other review said this is a quiet hotel; I have no idea where they got that idea from. In this room it sounds and feels light the trucks are rumbling right through your room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay San Jose - Sunnyvale . Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay hasn't been 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

It is my pleasure to respond to your concern about our front desk hours. I regret that we did not successfully communicate our front desk hours to you prior to your arrival. Our front desk operates between 6:30 am and 10:30 pm seven days/week. In the event that our guests need assistance during other hours, we always have on-staff overnight help that can be reached by phone. I am also very sorry to hear that your room location request wasn’t able to be fulfilled when you originally checked in, I am glad that we were able to find a room that did fit your needs for the remainder of your stay so that you could sleep more soundly.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable start to your stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

These guys had everything I needed in the room, even a fridge, microwave, ironing board, iron, kitchen sink, dishes... everything. It was perfectly located. I had stayed at an Extended Stay before in Everett, WA, and was really impressed, and this one also exceeded my expectations! Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Michael,

Thank you so much for your Great Review of Extended Stay America Sunnyvale. I am so pleased that you found our hotel to be just what you needed! This is what we are all about, providing a home away from home experience stay after stay. It sounds as if you have stayed with us in the past and I’m so glad that you chose to return to another one of our locations. Its return guests like you that give us the great reputation of being a welcoming provider of outstanding service as well as clean, comfortable guest rooms. Thank you so much again for your kind review, we look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you to our area. Regards, the Management at Extended Stay America Sunnyvale.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This has been great experience to stay in extended america, sunnyvale. I enjoyed quiet and beautiful location of the hotel. This is really fantastic place for someone who likes peace. Though grossary store like India Bazaar, Fresh and easy were little too far to walk but still you can manage to be there without any difficulty. I found the staff member specially Karla was great help who was very receptive to provide any help whenever asked for. She has been absolutely professional and looks very promising in hospitality industry. Other Staff member like CJ, May, and Carley have been really good.
Last but not the least, housekeeping staff done a fantatstic job to clean up your room.

My suggestion to hotel to add some entertainment stuff like GYM, Swimming pool etc.

Given a chance, I would love to visit again same hotel.

Thanks
RajeevN

Room Tip: Please find out own vechile to visit nearby places.I felt ground floor rooms were quite good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rajeev n
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Rajeev, Thank you so much for taking the time to give our hotel Extended Stay America Sunnyvale, California such a great review. It sounds as if the entire staff was accommodating and helpful all during your stay from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. I will be passing on your nice comments to everyone on staff to let them know how much you enjoyed your stay which is our goal each and every time someone checks in with us. You are correct in that this particular location is very quiet and a bit out of the way as far as grocery shopping. However still centrally located too many of the Silicon Valleys finest dining, shopping and entertainment. I hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area again, we would be happy to have you as our guest. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Sunnyvale, California.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#23 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!