“Great service, great value”

Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
California
“Great service, great value”
Reviewed August 16, 2006

This is a great place to stay for a quick business trip, and I would not hesitatie to bring my family. You're not paying boutique, B&B prices -- especially for Silicon Valley -- so don't expect chocolates on your pillow. But you get quiet, nicely-furnished rooms (mine had a heated dresser, it spooked me at first!), a good breakfast, comfortable "canopy" beds, free wireless Internet, and a pool.

More important, though, you get really smart, helpful personnel, both on the phone and behind the desk, who actually listen. What a pleasure!

Stayed August 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
Santa Clara, CA
Reviewed August 7, 2006

I was in the San Jose area for a turnaround trip to view apartments for relocation. I drove up to view 8 apartments, 3 of which were filled while I was in transit. Having free internet access available in the lobby was a life-saver for me. I was able to locate a few more places to look at and within a week I put a deposit down on my place.

I found the Wild Palms online. I wasn’t sure if the vivid, colorful exotic motif I saw on line would translate in person, but it did. The lobby has an open Spanish feel. My room was clean and updated. The canopy bed was beautiful as well as comfortable. The bedding and sheets were of good quality. The update in the bathroom included a semi-flushed sink, marble counter tops and a travertine floor. I had a beautiful view of the pool area from my room.

The continental breakfast included various fruits, juices and muffins as well as the usual waffles, cereal, etc. There is a delivery service you can call for in room meals. You also have your choice of Marie Callendar’s or Black Angus right up the street. I paid $59 (plus tax) through Expedia. The Wild Palms was a great value for the money. Service was prompt and friendly. I’d definitely stay there again or have people visiting me stay there.

Stayed July 2006
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed July 23, 2006

My husband and I needed a quick holiday for two, but we did not have the time nor money to get out of town. We wanted something that would make us feel like we were on vacation, and we found it here. Just walking into the lobby reminded me of a small hotel we stayed in while vacationing in Mexico. (Check out the art on the doors.) The rooms are small compared to some other hotels in the area, but part of the reason is the design of the bed. Each room has a canopy bed, it was soft and comfortable. The sheets were of good quality, and the pillows were divine. The stress that we carried with us to the hotel, soon melted away once in the room. The bathroom appeared to have been recently updated. Our room faced courtyard, so traffic was not an issue for us. The breakfast could have been better (frozen waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, yogurt, and sliced lunch meat), but for $66 per night, we had enough left over to buy the breakfast that we wanted from a nearby restaurant. If you are staying for more than a couple of days, spring for the suite. For the price, I love this place.

• Liked — The bed and staff
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — Request an interior room
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 21, 2006

Overall, it's an OK place to stay if you just need a place to rest. It was relatively clean, but there not much else. Basically, it was an upscale motel.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Ski_Bum
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed July 12, 2006

The Wild Palms Hotel, an excelent business refuge in a fresh yet quaint hotel in mid town Santa Clara, Claifornia in the heart of Silicon Valley. The staff proved to be top notch in local knowledge and guest accomodation service. The complimentary breakfast was was both ample and fresh, although there could have been an in-room coffee pot to round out the room-office ammenities that included wireless internet connection, refigerator, and safe. Room and bathroom where both airy and well appointed. Hotel landscaping was undergoing some upgrades, but the pool area was inviting. Although I was unable to take advantage of the complimentary wine tasting during happy hour, reports from other registered guests indicated it was nicely done. Price was upper-mid range for the area and was comporable to value recieved. I would definitely chose this site on a return visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 8, 2006

You can expect above average customer service. They offer a great free breakfast with your room stay. They offer week night social hour in the bar where you can meet great people from all over the world. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Pool and spa area clean and refreshing. I have been staying with the Wild Palms hotel for more than a year now and I have not been disappointed yet. I give the Wild Palms Hotel a above average rating.
Robert Price.
Quartz Hills, Ca

New York
Reviewed April 24, 2006

Assigned to work in area for 6 months and wanted something reasonable, cute with a pool. The remodel of this older motel is great- they have done a wonderful job; very inviting. Unfortunately, it is a motel. Lots of street noise, due to outdoor hallways. There is a permeating musty odor to the place. Unconvential layout can add to charm, but lugging suitcases up concrete steps in the rain is no fun.
I think the worst part is the noise, the walls are paper thin. I thought I left TV on and realized it was a conversation occurring the next room.

Breakfast served in "bar" and was ok- but the week I was there , the ceiling over the bar was leaking. Instead of moving food to tables, they served food on bar, with bowls to catch dripping water- not sure what brain was behind that concept.

The staff were very helpful and accomodating most of the time...in other words staff assistance was variable which I interpret as poor management. The Fitness center was out of order, too cold for the pool. $80-90 a night and it is an ok deal; if they want more money than that-seek elsewhere.

Stayed April 2006
4 Thank bestbarb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
#6 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!