“Pass on the Wild Palms Hotel”

Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed November 2, 2005

I chose the Wild Palms Hotel after hearing good reviews from other travelers but was sorely disappointed by this hotel. We stayed there on Halloween night and had bad experiences before we even arrived. I had called the hotel for directions and was told rather rudely that the desk clerk was busy checking in guests and would call me back. She never called back. My husband then called twice for directions & we were given wrong directions which took us about an hour to travel a usual 15-minute drive. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were given our room key which did not open either the interior gate or the door to our room. By this time, we were really upset. The final straw was later that night when I saw pubic hairs on the floor of the bathroom. I would not recommend this hotel nor will I ever stay here again.

Stayed: October 2005

Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed October 25, 2005

This was my first stay at the Wild Palms in Sunnyvale. I was referred by a friend and I was not disappointed. The hotel looks like it use to be an apartment complex at on time but so what. If you are looking for something a little different in terms of room decorating but still insist on great service and everything be immaculate, this is the place. High marks for the Wild Palms.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2005

The bed was by far the best part of the experience. The sheets were very soft and I liked that I could open my window for some fresh air.
There is no restaurant on site which can be troublesome. The surrounding neighborhood concerned me as well. If you are tempted to stay there I would recommend The Moorpark Hotel in San Jose instead.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2005

We really love this place...and keep coming back since we work in the area. The staff are so friendly and helpful, the rooms are absolutely fantastic. There is nothing we'd change about the Wild Palms. It's a hidden gem in Sunnyvale (and the rates can't be beat).

3  Thank californiainuk

Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed July 26, 2005

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
#5 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!