“I would stay again”

Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I chose this hotel because it had a swiming pool. I arrived to find the pool ice cold and learned the pool heater wasn't working.

Still, I enjoyed my stay. It is a fairly large hotel but I found it to be mostly quiet. The walls are a little thin and (at times) I could also hear the people walking on the floor above me. But it is mostly business travelers who were mostly quiet.

The included breakfast was very good with fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, & pancakes, etc.

The best part is that it is non-smoking. Although, at times, there were smokers standing outside every enterance blowing smoke at you as you attempted to enter while holding your breath.

The location is a good compromise. It is close enough to the airport with out feeling like the usual airport motel complex. (It is actually set up like a small resort with open court yards.)

It is also easy to drive to Palo Alto and even San Francisco from there.

The room had a very nice portable stereo sytem with good sound plus a nice clock radio with an i-pod port.

Very professional and friendly staff. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor I think the second floor may have been just a little nicer. When drivi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LyonsGate
Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I chose The Wild Palms because of its location near the hospital where I was visiting my ill mother. Frankly, I didn't expect much since the rate is reasonable for the area. I was pleasantly surprised to find the room was large and clean; had both a flat screen t.v. and a sound system; had a desk; the bathroom was clean and the towels were substantial. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained and the full breakfast is a real plus. However, the very best aspect was the front desk staff that went out of their way to be friendly, helpful; and, when they learned of my ill mother, genuinely caring and compassionate. They treated me more like family than a guest. I will definitely again choose The Wild Palms Hotel when I am in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dian H
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed one night in January (2014). The blinds in my room didn't block out the sunlight to my liking. But I like it pitch black in the mornings. There's a slight cheap feel to the hotel, but also a nicer, boutique ambience also. The front desk were welcoming enough, and it was a good stay for the price. They offer complimentary wifi and continental breakfast (I didn't eat), the workout center could use some beefing up, and it's located in a somewhat ghetto area. But all be said it's a decent, doable hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Wild Palms Hotel. The Staff was great, very helpful. The rooms are very cute and clean. The only down fall was lack of room to eat the awesome breakfast provided, but if you wait just a bit a table will free up. I told my husband that we need to come back just the two off us for a couple of nights and enjoy all the amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed here before flying out of SJC early in the AM (15 minute drive with no traffic); it is halfway between Palo Alto and San Jose. The motel itself is nice enough, renovated to a very high standard, with cheerful decor, clean rooms, very nice bathrooms, comfortable beds, and good internet. The walls are a little thin (sorry, neighbors, for our 4AM noise). The desk staff are very friendly. The area is a big zero, nothing but strip malls in walking distance and a bit of a drive to anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank innominate
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Rooms are a bit small compared to other hotels I stayed in the area, but it's perfectly ok for a couple or, as me, alone. Clean, nicely decorated. Very friendly staff. Breakfast is OK. The gym room is way too small.

For the price, i can't complain too much, though. I've enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Edson Y
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Wild Palms on the 26th thru the 28th of December, We were looking for a good hotel / Motel to stay at since our son's family has now grown and there's no more guest room available for the grandparents LOL, When looking for a place I discovered The Wild Palms was only 3 miles from the kids house so I booked it. First thing that caught my eye beside the reasonable price was how clean and inviting everything looked. It was well worth the time and money to stay there, Everything was perfect ! The breakfast was the best ever, The pool ans spa, The decor...Well I can't say enough about the Wild Plams !! I give em a 115% on everything..WE WILL BE BACK Thank you Wild Palms........Tom & Lorri C

Room Tip: we were on the north corner off Fremount..great spot for us, plenty of parking and handi cap parking...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lorri C
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Welcome Home! Thank you so much for your excellent comments, it really means a lot to us. Our goal is to be your home away from home and we know how much that means. Thank you again for your 5 stars and we look forward to your next visit with the family.

Take Care,

Robin Donovan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
#8 of 35 in Sunnyvale
Cupertino Hotel
Cupertino Hotel
#1 of 6 in Cupertino

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!