“Sunnyvale boutique hotel”

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Israel
“Sunnyvale boutique hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a small boutique hotel. I stayed there during a business trip at the beginning of November 2013. The service was excellent and I really appreciated the fruit basket and hot drinks that were available in the small lobby. And the rooms were comfortable and adequate, if a bit sparse. There's two floors, no elevator, so keep that in mind if you have heavy bags. I was traveling with a colleague and we had lots of promotional stuff with us - but we were lucky and got two first floor rooms.
I liked that the pool was heated, so I was able to swim, though it was cool outside, particularly in the morning. It was a bit small to swim laps, though I managed (I swam in circles). It's probably good for kids. The hot tub was small, but clean with strong jets! The fitness room is very small, adequate, but only one treadmill - keep it in mind if you want to workout in the morning. Breakfast was fine - cereal, breads, danishes, a good assortment of fruit and some hot dishes. There's a common area/lobby outside - it was too cold to sit there, and a little bit dark, though they did offer to put on the outside heaters and there's the area around the pool. All in all, it's a reasonably price decent hotel, nothing fancy, but excellent service.

Room Tip: there are two floors, but no elevators, so if you have heavy bags, make sure to ask for a first floo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your very informative and pleasant review. I think it is a good snap shot of the property. We try to provide great service in a unique boutique setting. Swimming circles in the pool is a great idea as you are right the pool is great for families. It's interesting, a guest mentioned you at the desk one day. They saw you swimming circles in the pool with the steam coming off you so they later did the same thing! We will keep the pool heated year round to encourage more cold weather swims!

Thank you and have a great day!

Robin Donovan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I recently stayed here while on a business trip in the valley. It is a nice hotel at a reasonable price. The property itself is not new - like many of the hotels in the area it has the feeling of an older motel - but the rooms have been renovated, and the hotel is very well run. The included breakfast was better than average. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello Magnus53,

You are correct, the hotel was built in 1973 and since we can't change that we did bring it up to date. I'm pleased to see you will return and enjoyed the better than average breakfast as you said! Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I'm sure it will help others.

Park City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed one night in Oct 2013.

We got a pretty good deal the day of on HotelTonight, it was much cheaper than anything else in the area. But we were pleasantly surprised that the hotel had been so well kept for being a bit older. The lobby, courtyard, and pool were really nice. The included hot breakfast was good.

The room was nice. Not the best bed I've ever slept on, but good enough. We had a room directly adjacent to a large, bolted to the building, iron entrance gate. The gate started slamming around 6 am and never quit. It was impossible to sleep through. BANG BANG BANG!!! All. Morning. Long. When checking-in the lobby was very thorough about their "noise policy" but has overlooked this element.

Still recommended if you are looking for a good value in the area with a nice pool. Just ask for a room FAR away from a gate.

Room Tip: AWAY from any of the metal gates, unless you get up early.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello Ben R.

Thank you for your review and feedback. It looks like we gave you a good surprise in our service and amenities, but a not so good surprise with the door. I am sorry the door opening and closing was so loud, that must have been irritating. I will have the team check to see if the automatic arm can be adjusted to a slower, quieter closer setting.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel is a lovely property and a particularly good bargain for the price. The rooms are nicely decorated, the pool area is lovely, and breakfast is surprisingly good. The air conditioning left a little something to be desired and there is some noise from the street, but I was overall quite pleased.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your pleasant review. I'm glad to see you received a deal by booking directly with the hotel and you really enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to give great service, clean rooms and a unique boutique setting in the middle of Silicon Valley.

Thank you for visiting us and please come back again.

Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Rooms are cozy. Bed is very nice and comfortable. The air conditioner in the room was little difficult to control and the small refrigerator did not work. The hotel doesn't have in-room dining. Also, facilities are limited - only service was daily cleanup of rooms. The good thing is it is on El Camino Real and close to quite a few restaurants (atleast 3 Indian restaurants were very close) and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was complimentary.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello Albus10,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry the air conditioning was not easy to operate and there was an issue with the fridge. We are installing new thermostat's that will only have on/off and up arrow for heat and down arrow for cool. We are hoping this simplifies the system for everyone. Thank you for letting us know so we can make these types of changes. I will follow up with the team regarding the fridge as that is not acceptable. I'm glad you enjoyed the staff and the breakfast.

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here on business. It was 5 minutes from a hotel that I paid $100 more last time. It looks a little understated from the outside. Has a motel feel if you were to drive by it. This hotel was a little hard to find and its a little hard to get in and out of because of its location at El Camino and Wolfe. However,the room was clean, bed was comfortable and the toiletries provided were from Lather which is a great brand. Robes were provided and breakfast was very good and included. I've paid for a lot less at other places. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms near the stairs are noisy. Better to have rooms further away.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hello Ken B,

I'm so happy we surprised you in such a pleasant manner. Our goal is to be unique and offer the best possible service and do the best at what we can control. We can't change that we have exterior corridors, but we did add beautiful gardens and landscaping around the entire property. Thank you for noticing all the extra bonuses and your fantastic 5 star review.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Lompoc, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I attend the Bridge School Concert every year and try to stay at the Wild Palms overnight. I enjoy this hotel for several reasons primarily for the comfort, price, and setting of the facility. It's neither luxurious nor ostentatious but it's a well maintained site that I've always enjoyed. It is close to many restaurants and stores and within walking distance. I arrived early but the staff accommodated me and checked me in without haste. I always look forward to my stay at the Wild Palms.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you Rick L. for the great comments. I hope you enjoyed the concert, I know the weather was perfect for it. I'm glad we continue to add to your concerting going experience and look forward to seeing you next season.

Take care,

Robin Donovan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 5 in Cupertino
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!