“Lucky Find”

Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went to Santa Clara for my daughters college graduation. Normally I would have stayed at a five star hotel in San Jose but I booked too late and ended up at the Wild Palms. My wife and I loved the tropical atmosphere, the extremely friendly and helpful staff, the cleanliness of the entire facility especially the pool area. Our Executive King room was just the right size for sleeping, quick cat naps and getting ready to go out. The breakfast was another highlight as it was way more than continental. Easy to get around whether to the coast, Santa Clara, San Jose or to San Francisco. I would return to the Wild Palms in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Rooms that look out to the pool on the inside are VERY quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We are the lucky one to have such a guest take the time to tell us and everyone how much you enjoyed your stay!. Thank you for the amazing feedback and we can't wait for you to return.

Best,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My company books the Wild Palms for me and all of my peers for every visit we make to our corporate office. The staff is their greatest asset they are very responsive, courteous and take really good care of you; also the room are clean and everything worked.

I look forward to my next stay here in a few weeks.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Higher floor is more private, the rooms in the lower floor are next to the parking lot so if you wan...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Excellent, so happy we provided great service and you enjoyed your business trip. We love having you and your peers come back again and again. See you next time!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place has personality and comfort... quiet and a great value... I plan to return to the area in September and plan to book a room here... I travel on business mostly and am so tired of staying in the same room trip after trip after trip... I can't remember what any other hotel experience was like except that they were all beige and boring, same old, same old... corporate personality stuffy feeling, impersonal and not very inviting... By contrast, I found everything about this place to be memorable.. from check in to check out I thought this was perfect for me. The room was quiet and comfortable, the staff was friendly... I don't care for valet parking or having to park 3 blocks from the hotel entrance, Here I parked next to the entryway and walked 30 feet to my room.. The were personable.. I like the idea of a hotel where at the end of the day you don't still feel like you're in the office... can't wait to return...

Room Tip: no real opinion here, I think all the rooms face in to the gardens and pool...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

We look forward to your return visit in September. Thank you so much for the great comments that I will share with my team. The weather in the fall is the best!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

hi,

I stayed in Wild Palms hotel Sunnyvale for a week. The staffs were courteous and always listening. I got a pleasant experience during entire stay. the place is also in a very convenient location for having good food and close proximity to Vallco mall. The rates are very good considering the location and even cheaper than some of the hotels which offer less comfort.

I will always return to the hotel.

regards
srikanth

Room Tip: Block 2 is better of all the three and very close to nice swimming pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for spending a week with us! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the hotel so much. We aim to please whether on vacation or a business trip. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My company booked the Wild Palms for me for my first visit to their corporate office. I found the staff very responsive, the room clean and everything worked. The breakfast was exactly what I wanted on the way to work, and all the food was kept stocked.

I look forward to my next stay here in a few weeks.

Room Tip: I had a room in the back, which was quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

I am so pleased your company selected us for your home away from home while you are on business. Thank you for the great comments. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our second stay at Wild Palms (we stayed here about 3-1/2 years ago). I decided to see if it was still as nice so booked one night here while we visited family who live in San Jose before traveling to a vow renewal ceremony near Sacramento. Well, it wasn't as nice....it was BETTER! Remodeling has definitely gone on since we were last here.

I think the management has finely tuned things to make this place a real class act. In the lobby there was fruit-infused water and fresh fruit. Check-in was fast and pleasant with the clerk letting us know that if we needed anything, all we had to do was call. To top things off, once we got to our room and had been there for about 20 minutes, the clerk called to make sure everything was fine and to our liking. Nice touch!

The room was clean and comfortable. There was a nice desk area to set up my laptop and free Internet. There was a boom box and also a clock radio with an adapter so you could play your MP3 player or iPod.

Also free - a nice breakfast every morning with a good choice of options - scrambled and boiled eggs, bacon, hash browns, pancakes, fresh fruit, assorted pastries and breads, yogurt, coffee, and assorted juices.

The hotel has a quiet policy so no loud noises, TVs, or music playing after a certain hour (it was either 10:00 or 10:30 p.m.) - this made for a nice quite evening and no disturbances during the night.

I love this little boutique hotel! I would definitely stay here again without hesitation when I'm in the San Jose/Sunnyvale area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Welcome back! Yes we have done some upgrades over the years and are planning even more at the end of this year. Thank you for recognizing the evening policy, we put it in place so our guest can enjoy a restful stay. If guest want to party, this isn't the place to stay! I hope you return soon and thank you for your positive feedback!

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Wild Palms for my staycations now on and off for about three years and they still manage to wow me. I checked in this past Thursday for two nights at a great rate of $99/$89 and was greeted by the manager Charles Hall. He was friendly, professional, and had a great dinner recommendation for me (Los Altos Grill and Alexander's). I suggest you pick his brain if you plan on staying here and want to know where to eat. He knows the local area and he was able to arrange for us to meet the chefs at both restaurants and for them to make a special item for us that wasn't on the menu. If that wasn't enough, today at check out I met Lisa the newest addition who was full of joy while she helped out in the breakfast area. It amazes me that a person who works the desk will also help out in the kitchen.

I love this place and the way they take care of their guests it shows they love "us!"

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
#5 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!