“One day stay”

Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Looking very old from the outside. Inside the room are mix of old and new. They have a casset players and very old TV. But there is a brand new alarm clock with ipod docking. The room is good size but not sound proof at all. You can hear people walking above you. You can hear noise from the next room. There are a lot of storage space which is good. But the hallway is open to the element. So it will be cold or hot once you step out of the room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are sorry that you felt it was a noisy. I did want to let you know that we only have about 20 rooms left with the older TV's and the new flat sreen 37 inch TV's will be installed over the next 30 days. Hope to see you again and we will put you on a top floor to assist with the overhead noise.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Enjoyed it! The room was decorated beautifully. The bathroom was modern. The location was perfect for getting around Sunnyvale. The morning coffee was delicious. The check in process was easy the layout Od the room was great for using laptops

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Teresabj
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback and I'm glad you were pleasantly suprised!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Renovated motel. Did a great job of renovated. Entrance front front lobby with front desk on the right hand side. Free parking and free breakfast. Breakfast is hearty and pretty good. Hotel prices are very reasonable. Rooms are sort of maze like and rooms are separated into buildings. Staff gives a map upon check in. It is needed unless you are familiar with the hotel. Great pool for the summertime. Maids are not nosey. Some rooms only have windows that look onto the hallway. There are 4 rooms that are suites. They include living room with microwave and fridge. The downside is the windows look out onto the hallways.

Room Tip: Suites are the best value
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I guess this is more a motel than a hotel, but anyways, it is actually rather good. It has a little something that places it a couple of notches above the average motel, the staff was really friendly, and the breakfast quite good, on real cutlery. Things were clean, everything seemed to be in order, so no complaints on anything, really. The value reflects the price I got, it seems to be varying.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for a week, attending HotChips Conference. A good corner room on the second floor. Good homely breakfast with rice and spicy finger foods (if you like the combination as I do). But they promptly close the breakfast service at 930 AM, which was a bit inconvenient. Nice place for an evening walk along the pavement. There is a bus stop right across, with good bus connections. Slightly jaded, but more than compensated by the friendly and helpful staff. (In fact, one helpful staff member gave me a ride to my place of work 5 miles away, when the taxi he called for me failed to turn up.) The rather small lobby has only one internet PC, but Wi-fi is quite effective, so I could use my iPad without problem. They have a microscopic "spa" too! There is a fridge in the room but no microwave. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Corner room on the second floor seems to be good.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed one night for a concert in Redwood City. Easy to find, quiet, very clean rooms, great buffet breakfast included in the room price. Swimming pool, spa, and fitness room, we didn't use any. Functional place to spend the night without great cost.

Room Tip: Probably all rooms are rather quiet. They have a double row, the windows of one row face the parking...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Everybody keeps posting that the hotel had seen the best of times. I thought I'd give it a shot since we're only staying in it to sleep. When I got there I talked to the front desk to see if I could check in early and she said there were only a couple available and it was perfect as they had the two double beds that I needed. Went in the room. It smelled of old pair of socks, so I walked to the thermostat to blast the A/C unfortunately the thermostat wasn't working so I called the front desk. She said she'll send someone right away, after more than 30 minutes I was getting restless as it was war, and I had to rush to my meeting, so I called again. I left 10 minutes later and help still didn't come. I came back late that night to find my room with the a/c running ang all the lights off, which is what I liked. Took a shower, the towels were stained but it smelled clean, the sink (bowl type) was cracked and glued together. The tub wasn't thoroughly cleaned. Again it didn't bother me because all I wanted to do was sleep in a bed and I had that. Came back the next day, house keeping cleaned, washed the glass, made the bed, collected garbage. but left all the blinds open. i liked the fact that they have the hot breakfast and coffee wasn't bad. the kitchen staff were polite. It could have been cheaper for the aesthetics part, and really I have seen lower rated motels that were cleaner and more deserving of the rates that I paid

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Vanessa S
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of replacing the ptac units in the rooms so this will assist with heating/cooling issues. I'm sorry the team left the blinds open, but we do that to allow the daylight brighten the room. We are happy to adust to your needs so when staying again, please let us know at check in and we will make sure it happens. Hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
#5 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!