“Customer Service Done Right”
Review of Inn On Summerhill

Inn On Summerhill
Ranked #1 of 2 Summerland B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Customer Service Done Right”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

While my wife and I have not had the pleasure of staying at the Inn on Summerhill, I can say that I am very pleased and impressed with their customer service.

We tried to stay here for the first few nights of our honeymoon but Orbitz incorrectly cancelled our reservation (not the Inn on Summerhill's fault). While I have been trying for over a month to get refunded for our deposit through Orbitz, Orbitz has done nothing.

The Inn and Summerhill however, called me directly and issued me a full refund for the deposit, even though it wasn't there fault! I don't know many hotels that show that level of customer service!

My wife and I will definitely try to stay at this lovely hotel in the future because of how they take care of their guests (even the one's whose reservations got cancelled).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Matt C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hollister, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a short trip to Santa Barbara. I was sent on a last minute business trip and ended up staying here simply because they had vacancy. I absolutely fell in love with this B&B during our short stay. I was impressed by the attentive staff who made sure our every need was filled. The afternoon hor d'oeuvres, dessert and breakfast was a great touch, and everything I ate was excellent. Our room was comfortable, cute and well decorated. The bed was by far one of the best I've ever slept in at a hotel or B&B. I was surprised by the complaints about noise because I didn't think this was loud at all, rather much quieter than many hotels I've stayed in. I wouldn't let complaints about noise discourage you from choosing to stay here. An added bonus is the DVD library in the lobby, in case you feel like relaxing and watching some movies.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Katherine K
Maryland
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here for one night last week on our way up the California coast. My husband and I were traveling with our two teenage children and we all really enjoyed our stay. The Inn staff were warm and welcoming. When we checked in around 4:30 pm, the wine and cheese reception was still going on and the front desk manager gave us some good recommendations for things to do in town.
Our room was just off the main building facing the road (and ocean). We were worried that the road noise would keep us awake but with the patio doors closed, there was no outside noise. And the Inn provides amenities like ear plugs (in case of outside noise or a snoring husband), a nice movie library, great breakfast and the afternoon reception, and a hot tub area. The town of Summerland has some nice shops- check out Botanik for interesting housewares and plants, or drive 5-10 mins into Santa Barbara for the beach, more shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank WorkToTravelGuy
Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wonderfully cozy B&B within good driving distances of Central California sights. We had no problem with highway noises as has been reported. We were in Room #3 which is downstairs and actually just a patio and parking lane away from the traffic flow. That said, we LOVE the traffic noise in general, falling into the "white noise" that puts us to sleep. Earplugs were available as part of the amenities. There was a hot water faucet in the bathroom that we took advantage of for hot tea and cocoa. The breakfast was tasty, little scrambled egg and veggie concoction in a grated cheddar cup. The blueberry muffins were fantastic....must have been made from scratch based on how light and fresh they were. Staff was very friendly and chatty. Loved it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Picky47
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a nice place with all the amenities. Really nice afternoon snacks, good breakfast and even dessert in evening. I thought hosts were a cut above most inns. Room was clean and updated. The only issue we had was bathtub seemed filmy. Filmy meaning not clean and don't want to know what was causing the film if you get me. That being said great place and would stay again. While we were there one couple had there car broken into. They did say they left a camera and iPad in plain sight which probably was not best move to prevent theft. Safe area and probably an isolated incident.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank frugalguy
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This a very nice Inn within proximity of Carpenteria, Montecito, Santa Barbara & Goleta.
The staff are friendly & helpful, the rooms are clean, our king bed was supremely comfortable, etc., all very good except... The noise from the 101 freeway.
Unless you're a heavy sleeper or drink a lot before going to bed, wear ear plugs!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Trip4Ed
Fresno, CA
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I have had a fantastic experience each and every time we have been fortunate enough to stay at the Inn. The rooms are so beautiful and exceptionally clean with exquisite views of the ocean. The staff goes well beyond what is expected in making our stay both enjoyable and relaxing. The breakfasts, afternoon appetizers, and desserts were delicious and gourmet in every respect. It was above and beyond anything you would expect to be served. We would go out of our way to make sure trips to Southern California included a stay at the Inn on Summer Hill. If you love to be spoiled, don't miss this wonderful opportunity.

Room Tip: We have stayed in several different rooms at the Inn and have never been disappointed. All are uniq...