“Substandard food and poor service”
Review of Joy of Eating Cafe

Joy of Eating Cafe
Ranked #11 of 43 Restaurants in Suisun City
Reviewed July 2, 2014

For all of you who liked this place you need to raise your standards. I had breakfast there this morning. I ordered two eggs over easy with link sausage and hash browns. And it came with their "famous toast". About the only thing cooked decent were the eggs. The sausage was over cooked and dry like it had been sitting back there all morning. As far as the hash browns I've never seen such a thin layer of potatoes. I wonder how they do it. The so called famous toast was burnt and greasy. When I mentioned the sausage was dry she said oh so sorry. That's it. There were 14 of us. The owner took all of our orders and of course it took for ever. She should have had the other girl helping her but I suspected she wanted all the tips. Needless to say I didn't leave one. If you're thinking of eating here don't. Just walk across the street to Bab's Delta Dinner for fresh hot and great food.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My favorite meal to have out is breakfast and the Joy of Eating is never a disappointment. The service is excelent and unlike Babs, you don't have to wait so long to be seated. Monday through Friday they have breakfast specials that are a bargain, with a full breakfast for seven bucks. For your toast, be sure to order their in-house special bread - it is so yummy, with just a hint of sweetness, it is especially good at breakfast toasted with alittle butter. I get the toast instead of pancakes now (so i can get my taters - yummy fresh made home fries). I have also been there for lunch and they have one of the best potato salads out there - this one is not packaged like you get in the deli case - it is freshly made with just the right amount of eggs, mayo and veggies.

1  Thank Tracy V
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

My sandwich was on their famous bread. The bacon was perfect. I really liked their homemade potato salad. It didn't have that burn; that so many other potato salads have. Though, I did feel; there could have been just a bit less egg and more celery and potato. My husband's veggie omelet and potatoes were equally delish.

3  Thank misfitrvolution