“Good, but limited, Italian food”
Review of Pane E Vino - CLOSED

Pane E Vino
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I were recently in Suisun City (about 70 miles from where we live) for one of my grandson’s baseball tournaments, and we had no idea where to go for dinner. We, along with our son, daughter-in-law, and two grandchildren, ages 10 and 12, decided to try Pane e Vino based on TripAdvisor reviews. We had looked forward to trying one of the Neapolitan-style pizzas written about in previous TripAdvisor reviews, but unfortunately Pane e Vino stopped making them a few months ago; there just wasn’t enough demand for authentic Neapolitan pizzas in California. That’s too bad. Suisun City may be 70 miles from where we live, but Naples is even further. Italian pizzas, and especially Neapolitan pizzas, are unequaled – and we have found nothing even close in this country.

We found the menu to be limited. What Pane e Vino did offer was, for the most part, good – not great. As soon as we entered the restaurant, they told us that they did not have a children’s menu. We didn’t think that would be a problem, because all Italian restaurants have some sort of spaghetti, right?

We had a bruschetta starter, shared by everyone; it was freshly made, appropriately seasoned, and fantastic – as good as anything we’ve had in Italy. My 12-year-old grandson wanted spaghetti with only butter on it or plain spaghetti with a meatball. But they didn’t have spaghetti at all, and meatballs were not available, so my grandson settled for cheese tortellini with butter. I tried his cheese tortellini and thought it was cooked to perfection and very flavorful; I just wish my grandson had wanted sauce. My 10-year-old granddaughter wanted fettuccine Alfredo; however, as with my grandson, they did not have fettuccine Alfredo. They did have a special of lemon fettuccine in a white sauce with salmon, which seemed to work for her. My son tried my granddaughter’s fettuccine and thought it was quite good. The portions were large, so both of the kids took boxes home.

From the regular menu, my son wanted the artichoke ravioli, but it was not available. Both my son and daughter-in-law had the lobster ravioli special. They both thought it was very good.

My wife and I both had veal funghi in a cream sauce with porcini mushrooms. It was tender, cooked to perfection, and wonderful. Everybody’s meal with came a house salad. There were no salad options on the menu.

The owners, a husband/chef and wife/server, tried their best to accommodate our requests and worked their tails off to do so. They were great.

There are newer reviews for Pane E Vino

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Cozy little restaurant and food was A+++ Fantastic..Service was Great too :) definitely reccomend! Salad, pasta, wine, everything delicious and homemade flavor

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My Husband and I go out every Tuesday for date and try new places. We went here last night. He ordered the lobster ravioli which was very good. I ordered the shrimp and mushroom risotto and it was very delicious. We ordered the mussels for a starter. I do not care for mussels much but these were good. The prices were very good. Will definitely go back again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived in Suisun City at about 7:30 hoping to relax a little bit and then head out for dinner but found out that most of the places in town close at 9pm, so this place was close to our hotel so over we went.
They definitely try to make the place a bit more cozy on the outside patio with some curtains and nice cushions but when you walk into the restaurant it's just one great big room with no atmosphere.
My husband ordered the papardelle and i had the seafood risotto - and we were pleasantly surprised by the food - it was really good!! But i can't give it any higher rating because to me when you go for Italian food, the atmosphere of the restaurant makes all the difference!

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Friday night 6:30 I'm the only patron, bad sign. Cook(owner) arguing w server in Italian. Ordered lasagna, what a downer, too saucey, too much sausage, flavor was blah. Bread came out with 2 tiny butter patties that I had to ask for. You would think being only guest, a little more attention to nice meal in remote hope of repeat business. Not this guest unfortunately.