“All In All A Little Better Than Average.”

Cast Iron Grill and Bar
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Suisun City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A local favorite!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I tried this restaurant for lunch and it was O.K. The lunch menu has limited options, however, the price was very reasonable. I enjoyed my 3 fish tacos that came with some greens on the plate, but had to ask for dressing for the greens. My guest ordered the shrimp scampi with capellini pasta which was fine, however the garlic bread was burned and had to be replaced. I would have never served that bread myself. The space is large, open and very pleasant, and I believe that this restaurant is owned by the same people that own Merchant and Main in Vacaville. All in all it was a good value and I would like to return for dinner or their Saturday and Sunday champagne brunch.

1  Thank 4HungryGuy

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The food was great when they first opened and has gone downhill since. I think they changed cooks or management, because it is not the same.

4  Thank chryssieG
Reviewed February 19, 2013

It was my husbands birthday so I made reservations for a table with cushion chairs as he has rewcently suffered a stroke and most of the chairs are very uncomfortable. We arrived on time and were seated in the section with the hard chairs even tho all the cushioned seats were open. They said they wer reserved and made a mistake on my reservation. We left and had a great meal down the street,627 Main , and walked by Cast iron when we were done and those cushioned tables were still open! This has happened before as the restaurant caters to the young and beautiful if your old they could care less. Stephanee

3  Thank stephanee L
Reviewed February 3, 2013

First the positive - the staff was very friendly. Downhill from there. The glassware was dirty. Brought a white wine when I ordered a red, and the wine was way too warm - had to ice it down. All the food was lukewarm to cold. However the portions were very generous. Five of the meals arrived together with the sixth coming about 10 minutes later. The sides arrived 10 minutes after that. Overall it was a very disappointing meal. That was our one and only visit there.

5  Thank BEN P
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant provided a great variety of food in a very "homey" and comfortable setting. Went here with our group of Ball employees and had a great time!! The waitresses were great and there variety of drinks, was wonderful! :-)