“Great hotel but not happening in the town”

Hampton Inn and Suites Suisun City Waterfront
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Suisun City
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel and staff were great - nice big rooms, outdoor pool and fitness area. It's located conveniently near a bunch of restaurants - but you'd better be there early because even on a Friday night, they all closed around 9. Breakfast the next morning was OK - typical 3 hot items and the usual continental items too. Only stayed here because we wanted to be close to Napa but not pay the extra $$.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Suisun City Waterfront

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Location is a bit out of the way but hotel is very clean and kids loved getting to make their own waffles for breakfast. Would stay again. If staying check out The Cast Iron Grill 5 mins walk great meal.

• Stayed: July 2013
SuisunCare, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Suisun City Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that your experience was a good one and that your kids liked the waffle maker! Cast Iron Grill is one of the most popular restaurants in the Waterfront area and their scallop plate tops my own personal favorite list! We hope that whenever you are in the area again, you will come back and stay with us.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We travel a lot, but this hotel is the worst hotel I have ever seen. I had booked this hotel based on the good reviews people had left on Expedia and Tripadvisor, but I got very disappointed.

Staff were rude. I had booked a room in this hotel, paid by credit card in advance, and I had received a confirmation email. When I arrived in the hotel at 10pm, they told me the rooms are over-sold and there is no room available for me. I showed them the confirmation letter, but they told there is nothing they can do because their system (software) does not show our confirmation!!

We arrived there at 10pm, and stayed in lobby for TWO HOURS to check in. The staff were really rude. The guy (one of the staff) told me he is not responsible, and put the blame on his manager. The manager (the lady over phone) didn't feel she has to find a room/hotel for us. They finally accepted(!!!) to find another hotel (in 20 min driving distance) and sent us there.

Never go to this hotel.

Choose another hotel. I got really disappointed.

Room Tip: The hotel was terrible. Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank A M

I’m sorry we were unable to accommodate you during your recent trip to our area. The booking was made through a third party and by error they did not enter the reservation directly into our system. We hope the accommodations we secured at a nearby hotel were satisfactory since we strive to provide 100% satisfaction to all our guests. We hope that you will consider staying with us again if you make future plans to travel to the area.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here - Especially considering the Staff, the amenities and the value of this very nice property. We are originally from this area and visit fairly routinely - The Hampton Inn is our preferred location. Looking forward to the next visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Hampton Inns are a great value for the money. Never stayed at one that was not like the last (clean, new, fresh and great beds! The room is large and set up well for a family stay. The bathroom can accommodate multiple family members getting ready for the day. The complimentary breakfast was good and there was something for everyone's taste. Good coffee too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We found this hotel to be clean, the staff attentive and is close to walking and running trails. Close by were restaurants and coffee shops that provided suitable variety. Finally, the location was very good to suit our needs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We made a reservation for two rooms for five nights. Five minutes before arriving at the hotel (10:00 pm at night) we got a call on cell phone informing us that only one room was available. Then the next morning we received a bill for one night stay even though were not checking out for another four days. We were told that would be taken care of. Then we arrived home and got our visa statement - we had been billed for the full five nights PLUS and extra two rooms on the first night so we paid for seven nights when we only stayed five!! When I called the hotel I was told that the extra two nights do not appear in their computer system and therefore nothing could be done to help me. I told them I am looking right at my visa statement and I was most definitely billed for 7 nights but I was told if they don't show up on her computer screen there is nothing she can do. Also the pillows are terrible - completely flat and so cheap!! We will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Deborah S

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We regret to hear about your disappointment during your stay with us and we want to extend our sincerest apologies for the various challenges that you experienced. I am glad that we were able to discuss the situation by telephone and resolve the issues that you had with your billing statement. We are continuously striving to provide the best service to our guests as well as making adjustments to enhance our overall guest experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suisun City
Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield
Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Staybridge Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Vacaville-Napa Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Suisun City Waterfront? Share your experiences!