“Nice property” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last year on business trips. Overall, hotel is of a superior quality - the rooms are nice, bathrooms are good, and all is well-maintained. Bartenders are either standoffish or very friendly depending on who you get. We ate here a couple of times and the food was very good. The executive lounge is well-stocked and the staff is very friendly and accomodating. Very nice work out facilities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review regarding our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

A clean, modern, well-maintained hotel with ample room for parking in the adjacent outdoor lot. One surprise was the hot oatmeal at breakfast in the members' lounge! It would be appreciated to have plain, no-sugar-added yogurt as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for your suggestion regarding yogurt.
We look forward to your next visit!
San Juan Bautista, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very excellent service, friendly staff! Clean and great access to hwy. Really good weather this time of year. Stockton is near many norther ca cities and no that far from sacramento, my familt enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: 4th floor was good for us.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. Stockton has great weather this time of the year and we are glad you stayed with us. Look forward to seeing you again!
Lakeport, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I often stay in Hilton's, this one was reasonable (Government rate). The hot tub was nice, didn't swim in the pool, but it looked nice too. My son was playing in an ultimate frisbee tournament so we got there pretty late and left early. Stockton isn't really a vacation mecca, but if you are here you might as well stay here. As I recall it was easy to find (what isn't with a Garmin on your windshield. . .) and secure. Nice lobby, if you have kids they will love the glass elevators. My 21 year old wasn't as enthusiastic about glass elevators as he once was! I rated it average, but for a Hilton. It's way better than a Best Western or Travelodge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit to Stockton.
Mckinleyville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

My room was nice- but the bed was amazing. The food was decent, however the service was unpredictable. I used many of the amenities and found them adequate, but the bar was over priced, $6.50 for a crappy margarita and the only good beer on tap was Sierra. The Starbucks helped me get my day started nicely and overall I enjoyed my trip. Also, they have the cutest geese who are raising their babies on the canal adjacent, it made my trip!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Sabrina,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are reviewing our bar pricing.
Glad you enjoyed our Starbucks. We are lucky to have the geese with their babies outside the hotel along the canal this time of year. Very cute.
We look forward to seeing you again!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I often stay in Hilton brand hotels and this one was not up to the usual standards. The staff was LOVELY--very nice and friendly. But the hotel itself was disappointing. In my room, the bathtub was chipped and the screen door to the balcony was broken. In the mornings, the water pressure was so bad that I ended up having to rinse the shampoo out of my hair in the bathroom sink. The most frustrating thing, though, was housekeeping. The second day, my room was not cleaned until after 3 pm (I had left at 8 that morning) and I was put out of my room when I needed to be getting ready for an event. It happened again the next day. On the third day, I asked for my room to be cleaned earlier. (It wasn't.) A pile of dishes was left outside my door (not mine--they just appeared there) all day. I noticed them at noon and they were still there at 6 ish.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your detailed comments regarding your stay. We are sorry that you were disappointed and will go over your review with the appropriate departments to see where we fell short. We hope that when you return to Stockton you will visit us again.
Mountain View, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had a very late check in arrival time and the staff was very accommodating in being able to provide me with a late checkout the next day. This was the best case scenario and the helpfulness from the staff both during check-in and the next day made my stay!! I was very pleased with the value received with the triple AAA rate relative to the amenities. I was not sure of the area of the city and I can say I felt very safe and comfortable within the property. After a long drive, I was hoping for a beverage from the bar and though the bar was essentially closed/closing, the bartender was nice enough to accommodate though I clearly arrived just past closing time. This started me off with a smile. To backtrack a bit... i started off with a smile upon check-in as I was impressed with the speed and ease at the front desk. Very competent staff. Thanks

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Gregory D
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate your selection of the Hilton Stockton. We are very proud of our hotel and friendly staff and look forward to seeing you again!