Hilton Stockton
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$99
$109
$104
ExtendedStay
$81
All reviewsthe executive loungefront deskroom servicebusiness travelercentral valleyenjoyed my staynice stayfitness centervery nice hotelbusiness tripbusiness centerbed was very comfortablewould stay here againeasy accessyogurtfree breakfastcanal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I chose the Hilton because I wanted to stay in a regular hotel, not a motel with outside doors, in Stockton. In other words, safety was my priority. The hotel itself is quite nice, and the rooms were spacious. My problem was with the desk clerk, who initially assigned me to a room in what seemed to be a remote, largely unoccupied wing of the hotel overlooking a dark street. There was also a lot of disconcerting noise from the air conditioning system in the corridor. Uncomfortable with the room, I went back down to ask for another one, and the clerk adopted a very unprofessional tone, asking if I had been "too lonely" up there and advising that there had been "someone" in the room next door to mine (as if I cared). There was also an unsavory character who appeared to be intoxicated lounging at the reception desk; he partially blocked my way and tried to talk to me as I was bringing my luggage in. The clerk did nothing to discourage this man from hanging around. The second room I was assigned was fine, but in many years of traveling, I've never had such a poor experience with a desk clerk. I would rate this hotel much higher if it had not been for his behavior.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank bythemoon
allison m, Front Office Manager at Hilton Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that you had such issues during your stay with us. I would like to hear more about your experience with us so I can ensure we correct this problem immediatley as that is not the service we work on providing to our guest every day. Please email or call me at your convience so we can correct this. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. I hope to hear from you very soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very nice, and staff was friendly. My only warning is do not stay on the weekends if you are looking for a good night sleep. Very loud interior atrium with parties allowed to carry on till midnight or longer. I was still awake at midnight and forced to hear a bunch of young people yelling and obviously quite intoxicated. I heard from other guests that this happens every weekend. Where is management? Came down the elevator next morning to the sight of beer cans all over. Too nice of a hotel to allow parties to wreck this place. Food was excellent and hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: January 2013
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We are glad that you like our hotel's food, location and facilty, but sorry that the parties and other guests disupted your goo night's sleep. This issue has been addressed with both managers so that we can better handle these situations in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I have spent many weeks here on business. Wonderful hotel. Nice staff. But it's always a gamble with the crime in Stockton. This last stay was our last. Even though they have a guard and lock the second gate between 10 and 11pm, it means nothing. They said if someone is moving suitcases in the parking lot it's normal. Well, Thursday night January17 our two suitcases were stolen out of the locked cab of our truck, alongwith our coats and work items. No big deal to them! No big deal to the police! It's shaken our confidence, to say the least. I lost things that can never be replaced, including my detailed day planner for all of 2012 (help!), and medicine which I now have to wait a month for at the risk of ending up in the hospital. We overlooked the many times we'd almost been run over crossing the street to a shop or restaurant, almost crashed into while driving, shops where you have to be buzzed in, and even the homeless on the corner going through a purse or two, but gambling is, well, gambling. Next time my husband works in Stockton we will not be staying in Stockton. Better to drive than to risk what we have worked so hard for. Very sad.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CarolCat

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Please know we do not take this matter lightly. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best hotel in Stockton..We use it every time we come and visit our daughter who is attending University of the Pacific. Hotel if very close to the campus, and the kids love the pool and hot tub!!

Very friendly staff and a great overall stay!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for selecting the Hilton when you are visiting your daughter at the University of the Pacific and are pleased you like the hotel and our services.
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at the Stockton Hilton on January 16th and 17th, 2013. The hotel was clean and well located. The room was large and very accommodating. Upon check-in there was some type of convention occurring but only one person working the desk so was a very slow process. After situated, I went to the restaurant on site. Once seated I waited 30 minutes for someone to assist me. I ordered apps and drinks and it took 45 minutes for chicken wings and 4 beers, and literally an hour for chips and salsa. The night just seemed to get SLOWER and SLOWER with no help in sight. We left and never ate dinner. In the morning I figured I would enjoy the Buffet style breakfast. I waited to be seated for 15 minutes without any servers or hosts(es) in sight. I followed the lead of other impatient guests and sat myself. After serving up a plate of very cold food I had to hunt for someone to provide silverware. Finally I eat and get the bill. The server was super quick to bring the bill and wait for payment. the cost, $9.74. I gave the waiter a $20.00 and after a lengthy wait he returned with my change, a five, five ones and 26 cents. I left without tipping and made my way to the Starbucks kiosk adjacent to the restaurant. While getting a coffee, the waiter and manager of the restaurant approached me and accused me of not paying demanding money. I described the experience and the amount method etc. of remittance followed by the Starbuck Kiosk girl saying she witnessed the event and I paid. The waiter then told the manager, oops wrong guy and they walked off without even an apology for the event. This experience left me certain to never return to this delightfully appearing hotel that apparently runs solely on autopilot without regard for the guest experience. What a disappointing experience. Never again.

Room Tip: Dont plan on eating, just sleeping
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Roger N

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We regret that you did not experience this appreciation during both your meal and the situation that occurred afterward. This issue has been addressed with both our waitstaff and managers so that we can better handle these situations in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.