“Be forewarned”
Review of Hilton Stockton

Hilton Stockton
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I have spent many weeks here on business. Wonderful hotel. Nice staff. But it's always a gamble with the crime in Stockton. This last stay was our last. Even though they have a guard and lock the second gate between 10 and 11pm, it means nothing. They said if someone is moving suitcases in the parking lot it's normal. Well, Thursday night January17 our two suitcases were stolen out of the locked cab of our truck, alongwith our coats and work items. No big deal to them! No big deal to the police! It's shaken our confidence, to say the least. I lost things that can never be replaced, including my detailed day planner for all of 2012 (help!), and medicine which I now have to wait a month for at the risk of ending up in the hospital. We overlooked the many times we'd almost been run over crossing the street to a shop or restaurant, almost crashed into while driving, shops where you have to be buzzed in, and even the homeless on the corner going through a purse or two, but gambling is, well, gambling. Next time my husband works in Stockton we will not be staying in Stockton. Better to drive than to risk what we have worked so hard for. Very sad.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CarolCat
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Please know we do not take this matter lightly. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best hotel in Stockton..We use it every time we come and visit our daughter who is attending University of the Pacific. Hotel if very close to the campus, and the kids love the pool and hot tub!!

Very friendly staff and a great overall stay!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for selecting the Hilton when you are visiting your daughter at the University of the Pacific and are pleased you like the hotel and our services.
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at the Stockton Hilton on January 16th and 17th, 2013. The hotel was clean and well located. The room was large and very accommodating. Upon check-in there was some type of convention occurring but only one person working the desk so was a very slow process. After situated, I went to the restaurant on site. Once seated I waited 30 minutes for someone to assist me. I ordered apps and drinks and it took 45 minutes for chicken wings and 4 beers, and literally an hour for chips and salsa. The night just seemed to get SLOWER and SLOWER with no help in sight. We left and never ate dinner. In the morning I figured I would enjoy the Buffet style breakfast. I waited to be seated for 15 minutes without any servers or hosts(es) in sight. I followed the lead of other impatient guests and sat myself. After serving up a plate of very cold food I had to hunt for someone to provide silverware. Finally I eat and get the bill. The server was super quick to bring the bill and wait for payment. the cost, $9.74. I gave the waiter a $20.00 and after a lengthy wait he returned with my change, a five, five ones and 26 cents. I left without tipping and made my way to the Starbucks kiosk adjacent to the restaurant. While getting a coffee, the waiter and manager of the restaurant approached me and accused me of not paying demanding money. I described the experience and the amount method etc. of remittance followed by the Starbuck Kiosk girl saying she witnessed the event and I paid. The waiter then told the manager, oops wrong guy and they walked off without even an apology for the event. This experience left me certain to never return to this delightfully appearing hotel that apparently runs solely on autopilot without regard for the guest experience. What a disappointing experience. Never again.

Room Tip: Dont plan on eating, just sleeping
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Roger N

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We regret that you did not experience this appreciation during both your meal and the situation that occurred afterward. This issue has been addressed with both our waitstaff and managers so that we can better handle these situations in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This Hilton has a very helpful staff and great location. The food here is very good. The rooms are very large, quiet, and comfortable. The fitness room had all the equipment needed. The Executive lounge was nice, but does not rank up there with the better Hiltons like Hilton Baltimore airport, Hilton Trinidad, Hilton Orlando, etc. The alcoholic drinks are not complimentary and the snacks are not up to par with most Hiltons. Would I stay here again? Absolutely. It's not the best Hilton, but it's the best hotel in Stockton.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ken E
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

We are very pleased that you liked our location, food and our friendly staff.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Stockton!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Arrived to the hotel, greeted by a friendly staff and notified that I was Hilton's Guest of the Day! Woot! Woot! Choice of 3 items to choose from - chose the Free Starbucks item - tasty!!

Room was set up for handicap individuals. Very nice, plenty of space, comfortable bed, etc... Pool is nice and outside, workout room is nice also.

Breakfast is offered, but not part of the room, unless you pay for it. So went to a McDonalds

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Congratulations on being the guest of the day! We appreciate your staying with us and look foward to seeing you the for your next visit to Stockton!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at Hilton Stockton for one night. Last time we stayed at the University Plaza Waterfront hotel. I like Hilton better for its location. There are some restaurants on March. The distance from Hilton to UOP is less than 2 miles.

Check in was fast. The front desk staff was very polite and friendly. Parking was easy.

We booked a King room and used its sofa bed too. The room is specious and larger than I expected. Having a web bar sink in the room is helpful. We requested more shampoos and conditioners and they got delivered quickly, within 5 minutes. Our room was very quiet.

We used the executive lounge in the late afternoon and in the morning. For breakfast, the only warm food was oatmeal. I hope they provide more variety. Besides Oatmeal, there were also cereals, bread with toasters, boiled eggs, fruits, muffins, and yogurts.

Overall, I love this hotel and will return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pooh_bear_tx
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

We appreciate your comments and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel has a great location and we are very proud of our friendly stagg.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for a business trip. The hotel was great. Large room, balcony and a Starbucks in the lobby. It was clean and the staff were friendly. Right off the interstate and tons of eateries near by. Great location, Friendly staff, Clean and very comfortable room! One very small con is the water fountain in the lobby is loud. I thought the guest next to me was in the shower for two hours before I figured out it was the waterfall. I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Mandy L
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We appreciate your comments and are pleased you enjoyed your stay.. The satisfaction of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience