“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Stockton
Rogersville, Missouri, United States
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Arrived to the hotel, greeted by a friendly staff and notified that I was Hilton's Guest of the Day! Woot! Woot! Choice of 3 items to choose from - chose the Free Starbucks item - tasty!!

Room was set up for handicap individuals. Very nice, plenty of space, comfortable bed, etc... Pool is nice and outside, workout room is nice also.

Breakfast is offered, but not part of the room, unless you pay for it. So went to a McDonalds

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Congratulations on being the guest of the day! We appreciate your staying with us and look foward to seeing you the for your next visit to Stockton!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at Hilton Stockton for one night. Last time we stayed at the University Plaza Waterfront hotel. I like Hilton better for its location. There are some restaurants on March. The distance from Hilton to UOP is less than 2 miles.

Check in was fast. The front desk staff was very polite and friendly. Parking was easy.

We booked a King room and used its sofa bed too. The room is specious and larger than I expected. Having a web bar sink in the room is helpful. We requested more shampoos and conditioners and they got delivered quickly, within 5 minutes. Our room was very quiet.

We used the executive lounge in the late afternoon and in the morning. For breakfast, the only warm food was oatmeal. I hope they provide more variety. Besides Oatmeal, there were also cereals, bread with toasters, boiled eggs, fruits, muffins, and yogurts.

Overall, I love this hotel and will return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pooh_bear_tx
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We appreciate your comments and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel has a great location and we are very proud of our friendly stagg.
Manassas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for a business trip. The hotel was great. Large room, balcony and a Starbucks in the lobby. It was clean and the staff were friendly. Right off the interstate and tons of eateries near by. Great location, Friendly staff, Clean and very comfortable room! One very small con is the water fountain in the lobby is loud. I thought the guest next to me was in the shower for two hours before I figured out it was the waterfall. I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Mandy L
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We appreciate your comments and are pleased you enjoyed your stay.. The satisfaction of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Two colleagues and I had business at the UOP on a Friday with the meeting starting early, so we decided to stay overnight in Stockton, so in mid-October 2012 the three of us enjoyed a great night's stay at the Hilton Stockton. One person easily booked for all three of us, and we were put not into adjacent rooms but ones close to each other, so we didn't feel as if we were on top of each other, defeating the purpose of separate rooms. Each of us was delighted with our rooms: two of us had views of the canal, and one had a view of the pool. I loved the fact that I had a couch as well as the king-sized bed and desk to work at, and I loved the comfort of the bed! One colleague and I wished we could stay there and relax longer from our regular jobs! The bathroom amenities were of fine quality, much appreciated. In the morning, we enjoyed our Starbuck's lattes from the lobby coffee kiosk outside poolside before going to our meeting. The location is great for access to the university and to freeways, but it's in a quiet area. I'd stay there again were I to have to spend the night in Stockton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dr_SJ
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. Your comments are very important to us and helps us to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return when you visit Stockton in the future.
San Mateo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I blocked rooms at this hotel for my wedding guests. The sales girl I worked with, Jennifer, wasn't the most friendly or quick to respond... but this is probably the best hotel in Stockton so I worked with what I was given. The promo code I was given to pass on a discount to my guests actually raised the rate by $10 from the best internet price! A few guests let me know the discount code didn’t discount anything & I was mortified.
My husband & I also stayed at the hotel the night of our wedding. The room was fine - nothing special.
About three days later, I had bites on my body - arm, leg & back. I didn't think these were mosquito bites - they were much itchier than mosquito bites. I believe (based on my research through the CDC website) these were bed bug bites – which typically surface a few days after being bitten.
I immediately contacted Jennifer at the Hilton & received the same disinterested/annoyed attitude I had received from her in the past. Jennifer said there were no complaints of bed bugs & left it at that. I asked that she have the room inspected & get back to me. Sadly, it wasn’t Jennifer who followed up, it was me! Jennifer responded to my email saying the manager told her no bed bugs were found in the room I stayed in.
I’m very disappointed with the service at the Hilton. I would hope a concern, such as bed bugs, would be escalated beyond a sales rep in an office. Or that the hotel manager would feel obligated to call & speak with me directly to fully understand my concerns & questions. I suspect Jennifer never passed on my concern & the room was never inspected – after all, I had to follow-up with her for a report on the maid’s inspection of the room.
If you stay at this hotel, be sure to pull up the mattress & check for bugs – wish I had.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Julie M
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We had a pest control company come inspect the room immediately, but they did not find bugs. Please know we do not take this matter lightly and we will continue to monitor closely, as we have in the past. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience.
Roseville, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times, and it's probably the nicest hotel in Stockton. The rooms are excellent. Beds are very comfortable, very nice down pillows, great amenities. There are a few downfalls, however. Rooms that open out to the lobby are noisy, especially in the morning during breakfast time. Also, the coffee bar in the morning seems to be always manned by only one person, so it's very slow if there is a line.

Stay on the 5th floor for access to the HHonors lounge and for a more quiet experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Edie U,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. Comments such as yours helps us to enhance our customer service. It helps us to continue to be the best hotel in Stockton. We look forward your next visit.
Berkeley,CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

If you stay at this hotel it's worth it to ask for a canal side room. Those ones have a balcony with a table and chairs. It was great to sit out there in the evening. The food was very good in the Honors lounge downstairs and the room was nice, BUT walls were thin. I'd recommend NOT staying in a room that is off the lobby which is open all the way to the 4th story, as the sound really travels. Perhaps this wouldn't be such an issue on a week night. The lobby looks like it was decorated in the 70s - all in shades of brown, accented with indoor plants. But in general a nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello Monika,
Thank you your review and your patronage of the Hlton Stockton.
Your comments are valuable and most appreciated.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockton
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Residence Inn Stockton
#5 of 28 in Stockton
4.5 of 5 stars 116 reviews
Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane

Been to Hilton Stockton? Share your experiences!