“Excellence in Stockton!!”

Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Healdsburg, California
“Excellence in Stockton!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed recently at the Hilton in Stockton. We could not have asked for a more beautiful and well appointed hotel!! It is truly the jewel of Stockton and we cannot wait to come back!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
allison m, Front Office Manager at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share you experience. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you the next time you visit the Stockton area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed May 20, 2012

When I asked my former student--who was graduating with a doctorate in pharmacology at University of the Pacific--where I should stay for her graduation commencement, she said, "Somewhere nice, like the HIlton." Stockton doesn't have a high end reputation, but the Hilton definitely classes the place up. The lobby and lounge area is very swanky with its waterfall fountain, clean lines and glass elevators. The rooms are immaculate featuring comfortable beds, fluffy duvets, and loads of pillows in varieties of firmness. The closet was a bit difficult to negotiate since when the bathroom door was open, it blocked the way. I was a little worried I'd forget to retrieve my things I stored in there. But I didn't. And my favorite feature was the charging/outlet domes on the nightstand and desk. So often hotels don't have anywhere to plug in your phone, curlers, hair dryer, and ipod at the same time. This room had a dome on the nightstand which was excellent for using my phone as an alarm clock, and I could charge it at the same time. Plus, the desk had one for my curlers and hairdryer; and with a mirror right above, it was perfect for getting ready for the commencement ceremony without enduring a post-shower steamy bathroom. The only amenity I was wanting for was a refrigerator, but I just filled up the ice bucket, and that cooled my Diet Pepsi nicely overnight for my morning jolt of caffeine. I don't know if other rooms have them, but mine didn't.

I didn't get to the pool area, but it looked lovely and refreshing. They also have an excellent bar off the lobby, and a friendly staff ready to serve the guests. It's located centrally near restaurants and shops as well as close to the university, which was my purpose for visiting Stockton.

I'm from So Cal and have no clue about Stockton, but if I ever visit again, I will definitely choose the Hilton. No complaints (but a fridge would have been nice). Properly impressed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return in the future. Congratulations to your former student!
Long Beach, California
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times and always been happy with how clean and comfortable the rooms are. Moreover, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the restaurant is excellent. I have never had a reason to stay elsewhere when I travel to Stockton.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The room in Stockton was quite comfortable and the hotel itself is nice. However, security seems to be a problem in the area and there is a large fence surrounding the property which made me feel slightly uncomfortable. The pool area was nice.

The breakfast buffet was not cheap. They had run out of several items that day, yet were not willing to discount the price of the buffet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I travel to Stockton several times a year, and I always stay at the Hilton. The staff is always friendly, and the rooms are nice. I also like the sports bar. They have some good beer on tap, as well as wine from a couple local vineyards.

Honestly, I haven't tried any other hotels in Stockton, so I really can't compare. The bottom line is I haven't ever felt the need to shop around.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Greg S
California
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We had a relative in the hospital and had to find a place to stay that night. Nurses suggested the Hilton as it's in a nice area. Called direct and got a decent price and I said reserve it. He said he'd connect me to reservations. The lady on the phone drove me nuts. She kept trying to get me to sign up for their hotel points program which I declined, then asked about frequent flyer miles, etc and I kept saying its late, I'm tired and I'm calling from an ICU room in the hospital, could you just make the reservation! She just kept going thru her prepared speech and never even seemed to hear me at all. FINALLY I got the confirm #. When we got there (thank you GPS) we were welcomed, quickly checked in and the room was nice enough. It was late so we ate a nice meal in the bar and our waitress was extremely attentive. The beds were comfortable but I can't believe as nice a hotel it is that they would have such poor insulation between the rooms. The man next door was on eastern time I guess as I could hear his entire business conversation starting at 5AM. I had no problem with the WiFi and enjoyed the screen door to a patio about a foot wide but great for letting in the fresh air.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor so we felt safe opening the patio door