“Found bed bugs in the morning”

Motel 6 Stockton North
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Absolutely horrible. The neighbourhood was sketchy but we were so tired after driving from LA. Terrible sleep, did not feel safe and woke to my husband asking me if that was a bed bug! Yes, three!! We promptly left with the kids - I can do no frills but bed bugs is disgusting. Avoid this place!!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ldewit7

Reviewed February 6, 2012

The north Stockton Motel 6 is convenient to the freeway, no question, but that may be the best reason for staying there. My wife and I checked in there because we had been driving for nine hours. It's across a driveway from a small strip mall, but no matter. We checked in and got a relatively nice sleep until people in the next room started shouting at each other and, a few hours later, began working on their car in the parking lot.

Fortunately, we didn't discover the cockroach (only one, but one is enough) until the morning. That's also when the wi-fi we had paid for stopped working. The people in the office said it should still be working, and said I could take my laptop to the office. But I paid to use it in my room, not in the office.

We left without further problem. The cockroach was more problematic than the wi-fi.

Room Tip: Avoid the side of the motel that faces the freeway. It's dark, and it's not a great part of...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jayandirene
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Needed a place to stay and didn't have access to my Trip Advisor account when I made the appointment. I had lived near this neighborhood back in the 70's and thought we'd be okay. I was wrong. My first clue was the gang bangers hanging out at the convenience store next door. The whole scene just looked shady. I'd secured the room with my card, so figured we'd go ahead and tough it out, (just me and my adult so - if I'd had my wife with me I would have opted to move on. I was woken up about 2am by noises outside our room, and looked out to spot some grungy looking fellow peeking in the cars. I opened my door and hollered at him, and he just flipped me some crap, so we called the front desk and fortunately the security guard showed up promptly and found the guy looking through more cars around the corner. Looked to me like there was also some prostitution and/or drug activity going on in some of the rooms as well. Next time through Stockton I'll check out one of the other "Sixes" at the other end of town. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone....

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I have stayed at many different Motel 6's over the years. When it comes to traffic noise the rooms on the freeway side of the motel are the worst I have experienced. It was constant throughout the night (VERY close to the I-5). If you are a light sleeper, if possible get a room on the other side or wear ear plugs as I did. I wouldn't have been able to sleep without them. As for the rest everything else about the motel, it was the status quo for a Motel 6.

Room Tip: Avoid staying in a room on the freeway side.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2010

The Manager was more than helpful and the bed was comfortable and clean and the staff went out of their way to meet our needs.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2009

If you want live cop action this is the place you can find it.
This Hotel has everything around Hookers, drugs and gangs.
If it's a night sleep you want this is not the place!
24 hr security guard didn't stop anything from happening!
Worse place I've ever been to! Think before you choose cost over a good nights sleep!!!
If there was a rating of Zero. It would be to high of a rating!!!!!!!1

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2008

If you want to super-economize and don't mind being around some non-classy guests, housekeeping that leaves a little to be desired, and can sleep through freeway noise, then stay here. It is a bed, with clean sheets, clean towels, clean sink and clean tub. Carpets have not been thoroughly cleaned. Other guests routinely smoke in non-smoking rooms with impunity. (A different motel chain I had stayed in stated they would charge $100 to the credit card of anyone who smoked in a non-smoking room).

I would say 30% of the customers are fairly rough trade, and the staff are a little weary of those types of people.

I have a tiny dog, and they allow pets, and there is enough ground and bushes around so that I could walk my dog on a leash.

Great freeway access, and one exit from many amentities at March Lane. It's on a side street with lower income apartments and duplexes. Close, Adjacent neighborhoods are very good with nice homes.

The TV volume was broken. Within 15 minutes, the maintenance man had replaced the old TV with a functioning TV.

You can buy 24 hours worth of wi-fi for $3.00 extra. Two convenience stores right next door.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)