“Make Sure You Handle the Small Things”

Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Whether it is making sure that the bathroom items (shampoo, soap, etc) are replaced when empty, to making sure that the exercise room is checked and stocked on a regular basis, to making sure that you have adequate inventory of breakfast items, better attention to the details of the quest's stay will serve this facility well. There are enough decent qualities to this place that it is unfortunate that the items that are easily corrected are falling through the cracks.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The Hotel is an excellent stay on your way up North. It's a little far from I-5(about 6 blocks) and the entrance is hard to find. Other than that, it's an excellent hotel to stay at. This was my 2nd stay on the way to WA for Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is the first time in 40 years of living that I have felt compelled to write a bad review - of anything. If we weren't dead on our feet after a 12 hour journey we would've checked out immediately. I've posted a pic of the interior hallway so you can see for yourself what it looked like - by the way, there was absolutely no explanation or apologies from the staff. This also wasn't a one time trashing - we met other travelers who had been there for a few days also astonished at the conditions.

1  Thank maitaigirl
Svang, Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your candid feedback. So sorry that you encountered our mess as we are re vamping our hotel. We are currently under some renovations to make our hotel that much better. Here at Best Wester Plus your opininon matters and we hope that we will have another opportunity to wow you durring your next stay. You can see how the renovations came out. Thanks again.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I am a business professional who has traveled extensively within the states as well as internationally. I have never felt compelled to review a hotel negatively before, but I do want to ensure others know what they're getting into before they book. The hotel was unbelievably dirty outside the lobby area. The interior corridor was literally covered in trash and peeling paint from the walls. There is no way we would've stayed here if we hadn't just breaked from a 12 hour drive and were dead tired. The breakfast was inedible. I have a 19 year old son who will eat anything and he left all of his food on his plate. We ate at Denny's 0 that's how bad it was.

1  Thank Shelley B

Thank you for your review and appreciate you taking the time to write it. We are so sorry that you encountered our mess, we are renovating out hotel. Please understand that we are making our hotel better. We hope that you will stay with us again, and come see the place after we revamp it.Thanks again and have a great day.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Staff was great and the hotel was well kept would recommend this one if you are in the area. Close to shopping and food and more. Here is one of the best Best Westerns I've stayed at in a long time. B.W could us this as a model for others B.W should visit and see how it is done keep up the good work. Cheers, enjoy your say we will stay AGAIN.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad to hear that our prime location offered convenience and flexibility during your stay with us. Please come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Best Western Inn in Stockton, California is close to 2 shopping malls and it is also close to theatres and to the older shopping area in Stockton on Pacific Avenue. It is great to know that breakfast awaits in the dining room and the work-out room provides a great opportunity to lift weights or walk on the treadmill while using the laundry facilities.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about us for all future travelers to read. We are so happy you enjoyed our amenities and our location. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I don't usually leave or get mad, but I have to draw the line at the dirty clothes found in my room, including underwear. I grabbed my three kids, put them in the car and checked out. The front desk was very helpful and did not charge me for the room. There was no parking in front of the building where are room was and my husband had to park in grocery store parking lot. I felt very unsafe in the location. I do have to say staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Katstuga
Svang, Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for the review, I would like to apologize because, from the sound of things you were not as quite blown away as we hoped. I am so sorry what you experienced, I will make sure the housekeeping staff are aware of this issue. We will work hard to fix these issues so your next stay with us us nothing but extraordinary.