“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Stockton
California
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our drive up to Oregon. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were given a room facing the courtyard to avoid street noise. The room was clean. The hotel was quiet. The mattress felt a little worn, but it was pretty comfy to sleep in. The breakfast was good. Everything that was supposed to be hot was. If I ever go back to Stockton I would stay here again. Only complaints are that the parking lot was crowded and that they were repainting the courtyard and driveway area so we had to take the long route to our room and checking out, but it was a minor inconvenience.

I was very impressed with the gentleman working the front desk. He took a phone call while I was checking out and despite the fact that the person was asking for odd things he kept his cool, maintained a professional demeanor and was courteous the whole time. I was the one laughing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Svang, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. Everyone at BEST WESTERN HERITAGE INN takes pride in their work and it shows by how pleasant our customers are. We are appreciative of anyone hwo takes time to leave a friendly review.

Thanks Again
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Oakland, CA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Okay hotel. Nothing fancy. They charge you an extra $25 as a deposit in case you charge anything to the room. Not a big deal, just wish that was explained to me. Pool was FREEZING COLD! Hot water in our room did not work. I asked if anything could be done and the girl downstairs seemed totally clueless. Sweet girl though! Wasn't rude or anything, just wasn't sure how to help I guess. Breakfast was great! Only meat served was pork though, so keep that in mind if you don't eat it. Not bad, not great. Not sure if it was totally worth the price though. The pillows are WAY over stuffed. Kind of uncomfortable and the bed springs were poking me all night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Svang, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. I will pass your comments along the the kitche and housekeeping staff to make sure these issues are taken care of. We hope that we will have the opportunity to WOW you during your next stay with us.
Yucca Valley, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

No complaints about hotel it was clean and the beds were very comfortable... however the free buffet breakfeast was cold (we were there an hour after it opened) so if you want a good hot breakfeast you may not get it here, but if all your after is a bagel, fruit or cereal it's ok.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Svang, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We like to take the time to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the breakfast. We always want to give our guest the best experience when they stay with us, and please know that by providing your candid feed back it helps us provide better service in the future.

Thank you again for you feed back and your patronage.

Sincerely

Assistant General Manager
Brookston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Being concerned over my recent stays at Best Western, I was hesitate to book this one. After reviewing the posts that are made about this hotel on this website, doubled my concern. Driving up to this, I didn't notice to much about the neighborhood. It appeared to be in a business district on one side of the street and adjacent there is some of kind of housing, that appears to be on the run down side. Arriving at this hotel I noticed the landscaping was very nice and I liked the looks of the outside. It is in a Spanish Architectural design, with fancy balconies, keyed gates and a beautiful pool area. Walking into the lobby, I was impressed with the front desk staff as there were no hassles on getting my room and the young lady was very professional and courteous. The lobby area is huge with a beautiful winding staircase, marble floors, chandelier just really pretty. Seeing how pretty the lobby area, I was still concerned about how my room would be. After checking in, view the room was on, again, I was pleasantly surprised on how nice it was. B Building, my room was very nicely furnished, no odor (which is a major plus) no stains on the carpet, no holes in the bedspreads, no torn curtains or anything. Once again, it was pretty amazing how nice this room was considering what has been said about it. I can confirm, my room was awesome, nothing wrong with it, bathroom was clean, I personally do not understand why other reviews are this bad. Therefore, I took it upon myself to take pictures and post them to help prove this is a very nice hotel. Maybe the people who have said negative things, ought to go to the Ritz. Just want to give huge Kudos, to the Operational owners, management and staff who work hard to keep in nice.. Keep up the great work and thanks for a great night!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Svang, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 209-474-3301.

Asisstant General Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn
Stockton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel during the weekend of August 23, 2013. During our stay, an accident happened with the coffee maker which was placed on top of the microwave which has a
slippery surface. When my husband was trying to brew a cup of coffee, the glass coffee pot slipped, fell to the ground and broken. He immediately notified the front desk and was told that $20 would be charged for the replacement. On the day of the check out, we acknowledged the additional fee of the $20 on the bill. Now two weeks later, the credit card indicated an additional $50, in addition to the $20 that we agreed. The fair value for that 4-cup coffee maker should be $10 in my opinion. (We did not even have a chance to have a cup of coffee. The housekeeping never brought another coffee pot). We are charged $70 for the coffee pot. IT IS OUTRAGEOUS to charge the extra $50, furthermore without disclosing to the customers. My husband and I have tried a few times during the past two days to contact the manager and never heard from me. We hope that when the manager, Mr. Vang sees this message, he will address and resolve the problem proberly with delay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank L C
Svang, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your response. Please contact me at the property so we can discuss the charges. I do not show a $70.00 charge on our end. I would like to request more information from you regarding that charge. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely

Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This property seems to be gradually falling into disrepair, like much of the area surrounding it. It is convenient to I-5 and Highway 99. The room was adequate, although we had to be moved in order to have room with two queens (they didn't have one available when we checked in). The breakfast, however, was very, very good and well served. The staff was friendly. The bar looked like it hadn't been used in quite awhile although it remained stocked but not staffed (perhaps only for special events or weekends?). Having said that, I was there to get some work done, and the spacious lobby area provided plenty of room to do that. We did have some issues with key card access not working properly, but that may have been due to our building change mid-stay. I got the impression that locals frequently access the pool by waiting for hotel guests to enter and then follow them through the gate, and the "guests only" policy doesn't seem to be well enforced. We have stayed in this property in the past and it seems to be aging, although it's still a great value and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor if possible; the north wing of the hotel away from the street and pool area s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about us for all future travelers to read. We are so excited you enjoyed your stay time and time again. We strive to make you feel at home when you are with us. Please come back and visit us again soon!
Arnold, CA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel accommodations and service were fine. Only complaint was breakfast, with pre-cooked bagels and pancakes kept in covered warming tray. Both were dried out and tasteless, with pancakes having one side like shoe-leather and bagels like chewing cardboard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sad to learn that your stay was not enjoyable. Your comments on breakfast are duly noted and have already been passed to our kitchen staff to make sure this is properly addressed. We hope that we will have the opportunity to WOW you during you next stay with us.