“Very Nice..” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Stockton
Brookston
“Very Nice..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Being concerned over my recent stays at Best Western, I was hesitate to book this one. After reviewing the posts that are made about this hotel on this website, doubled my concern. Driving up to this, I didn't notice to much about the neighborhood. It appeared to be in a business district on one side of the street and adjacent there is some of kind of housing, that appears to be on the run down side. Arriving at this hotel I noticed the landscaping was very nice and I liked the looks of the outside. It is in a Spanish Architectural design, with fancy balconies, keyed gates and a beautiful pool area. Walking into the lobby, I was impressed with the front desk staff as there were no hassles on getting my room and the young lady was very professional and courteous. The lobby area is huge with a beautiful winding staircase, marble floors, chandelier just really pretty. Seeing how pretty the lobby area, I was still concerned about how my room would be. After checking in, view the room was on, again, I was pleasantly surprised on how nice it was. B Building, my room was very nicely furnished, no odor (which is a major plus) no stains on the carpet, no holes in the bedspreads, no torn curtains or anything. Once again, it was pretty amazing how nice this room was considering what has been said about it. I can confirm, my room was awesome, nothing wrong with it, bathroom was clean, I personally do not understand why other reviews are this bad. Therefore, I took it upon myself to take pictures and post them to help prove this is a very nice hotel. Maybe the people who have said negative things, ought to go to the Ritz. Just want to give huge Kudos, to the Operational owners, management and staff who work hard to keep in nice.. Keep up the great work and thanks for a great night!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Svang, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 209-474-3301.

Pao Vang
Asisstant General Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Stockton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel during the weekend of August 23, 2013. During our stay, an accident happened with the coffee maker which was placed on top of the microwave which has a
slippery surface. When my husband was trying to brew a cup of coffee, the glass coffee pot slipped, fell to the ground and broken. He immediately notified the front desk and was told that $20 would be charged for the replacement. On the day of the check out, we acknowledged the additional fee of the $20 on the bill. Now two weeks later, the credit card indicated an additional $50, in addition to the $20 that we agreed. The fair value for that 4-cup coffee maker should be $10 in my opinion. (We did not even have a chance to have a cup of coffee. The housekeeping never brought another coffee pot). We are charged $70 for the coffee pot. IT IS OUTRAGEOUS to charge the extra $50, furthermore without disclosing to the customers. My husband and I have tried a few times during the past two days to contact the manager and never heard from me. We hope that when the manager, Mr. Vang sees this message, he will address and resolve the problem proberly with delay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank L C
Svang, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your response. Please contact me at the property so we can discuss the charges. I do not show a $70.00 charge on our end. I would like to request more information from you regarding that charge. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely

Pao Vang
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This property seems to be gradually falling into disrepair, like much of the area surrounding it. It is convenient to I-5 and Highway 99. The room was adequate, although we had to be moved in order to have room with two queens (they didn't have one available when we checked in). The breakfast, however, was very, very good and well served. The staff was friendly. The bar looked like it hadn't been used in quite awhile although it remained stocked but not staffed (perhaps only for special events or weekends?). Having said that, I was there to get some work done, and the spacious lobby area provided plenty of room to do that. We did have some issues with key card access not working properly, but that may have been due to our building change mid-stay. I got the impression that locals frequently access the pool by waiting for hotel guests to enter and then follow them through the gate, and the "guests only" policy doesn't seem to be well enforced. We have stayed in this property in the past and it seems to be aging, although it's still a great value and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor if possible; the north wing of the hotel away from the street and pool area s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Svang, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about us for all future travelers to read. We are so excited you enjoyed your stay time and time again. We strive to make you feel at home when you are with us. Please come back and visit us again soon!
Arnold, CA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel accommodations and service were fine. Only complaint was breakfast, with pre-cooked bagels and pancakes kept in covered warming tray. Both were dried out and tasteless, with pancakes having one side like shoe-leather and bagels like chewing cardboard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sad to learn that your stay was not enjoyable. Your comments on breakfast are duly noted and have already been passed to our kitchen staff to make sure this is properly addressed. We hope that we will have the opportunity to WOW you during you next stay with us.
Soldotna, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was supposed to go to a wedding in Northern California. The Rim Fire got in the way and we switched hotels to the Best Western Heritage Plus Hotel in Stockton. Excellent choice. Friendly front desk, good solid breakfast in the morning, nice pool and lounge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Svang, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very nice place to stay for the price paid...The staff were friendly and eager to help their customers. I enjoyed staying at this location. The room was clean. Breaskfast was good and tasty. The surrounding location was nice as well. Checking out was easy too since we only had to leave the key in the room. The only downside was that the internet was slow (like most hotel rooms).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the review. We always strive for perfection and do not like to see our guest disappointed in any way.
Lafayette, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

If you like street thugs as your neighbors, appliances that don't work, dirty rooms, and overall rude staff, this is your place.

No matter what, this is FAR from a 3 star hotel.

When we arrived, the staff was not competent and did not explain things adequately. We have 2 rooms, and 2 of the 4 key cards did not work. Once inside, hotel rooms were musty and HOT. AIr conditioner wall units did not cool quickly and were loud enough to sound like jet airplanes once they got going...

About 10 ghetto guys were partying until late at night 4 rooms down, so maybe the airplane/AC was a blessing in disguise.

We are here with 3 kids. Obviously the pool is a big draw. Well that became a non-option because of the drug use going on around the pool area. I called staff and the man at the front desk belittled me when I asked him to do something about it.

Bathroom shower curtains are too short (at this point thats least of our worries).
Front desk does not answer the phone.
Credit card was charged twice.
Stains on the carpet.
Dirty carpet.
Dirty bed covers.
Faulty/gross bathroom sink.

I will let Trip Advisor know if anything is done to make this stay less awful.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms 232/234....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jason D
Thank you so much for the review. I would like to apologize because, from the sound of things, you were not as quite blown away as we hoped. I am so sorry we would not get the bathroom issues resolved in a timely manner; we understand how frustrating it can be when our modern utilities are not working properly. Thank you for bringing each issue to our attention and will work hard to fix these issues so your next stay with us is nothing but extraordinary. We always strive for perfection and do not like to see our guests disappointed in any way.