WINNER WONDERLAND

“great room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Stockton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We only stayed for 1 night. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very spacious, clean. Swimming pool also very clean. Had a drink in the bar and were offered free appetizers. Good location near shops and restaurants. Wide choice at breakfast, good quality as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Auroragrado
Fresno, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Wish I could give a more detailed experience, but I arrived at the hotel after 9:00 pm and had to be back on the road by 6:30 am. Check in was very easy and the staff was professional. Checked me in and gave good directions to the room (appeared to be a rather large establishment) as there were three separate buildings. Upon getting to building C, the first thing I noticed was that the interior of the building was on the warm side. Upon entering the elevator there was a sign that stated there were no ice machines in building C.

The room itself was also on the warmer side. I turned the in room air on went to a late dinner. Came back about 45 minutes later and the room had cooled off nicely. Bed was very comfortable and there was no noise to speak of. Room had plenty of space except in the bathroom where there was very limited counter space.

I did not get a chance to see the complimentary breakfast as I had to leave too early. I have heard from friends who have stayed here previously that it is a good breakfast and was actually one of the reasons I originally scheduled my stay at this Best Western.

Overall, my experience was not bad, but I did not get to really make use any of the services I would use to rate it higher than average.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan M
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed in a reserved ground level room, with king bed, non smoking. We brought my wifes little dog, no problem for the hotel. Best part of this hotel was the breakfast, free and whatever you want. The location is a few miles off of I-5, so not so convenient for travelers, but we'd visit there again.

Room Tip: In the summer, I would ask for a ground floor room facing the pool and courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 70TucsonTom
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I reserved this room on 05/20/2013 for one Night from Hotels.com and I was placed in Building "A" on the 2nd Floor. As I went into Bldg "A" the wrenching smell of Mildew was very noticeable and I was shocked for the Lobby was really nice and It seemed very Nice other than that, I was happy with my room only thing was the Towels seemed kind of old and hard. Those were the only things that dissapointed me from giving them a 5 star. They offer a very good free breakfast for which I couldnt complain it was free, all in all I would of give them 5 stars but those were my only disspointments but I would still stay there again, It is not a bad hotel honestly they just need to clean it up a little and with the free breakfast it was worth the price. I would reccomend them though.

Room Tip: I would stay at Best Western Heritage in Stockton again.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RubenV76
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Reserved a non-smoking room through a travel site with 2 beds for one night but when we checked in they gave us a room with only 1 bed (not going to work with my family of four). After discussing the mix up with the front desk they said it was the only non-smoking room available because they have overbooked the place (their words not mine). We checked the smoking room available and it smelled pretty bad (again their staff admitted that it stunk). Staff on site said that the travel site could call them and they would verify they couldn't provide a room and a refund should be processed without a problem. They even offered to find a room at another location for us.
The travel site called to process the refund and the manager/owner denied it saying they had a room and I just walked out and wouldn't take it.I actually feel sorry for his employees who have to work with him everyday because the evening staff seemed nice. Note he wasn't on site at the time so he has no idea what transpired.
Travel site called me and said I need to contact the hotel because they can't refund me until the hotel refunds the travel site for what they paid. I called manager and he was confrontational from the start. Apparently he thinks saying "sir" at the start and end of every sentence is all that is required to provide good customer service. First said it wasn't his responsibility, that it was the travel site who had to refund me. Later said he won't "change his mind", meaning he did have the power to initiate the refund. Ended up telling me I have to take the travel site to small claims court cause he doesn't deal with 3rd parties. So all you customers who want to stay there via a travel site remember that, you're a 3rd party and he doesn't have to deal with you.
Needless to say - STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!! There are plenty of hotels on March Ln in Stockton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family