“Our frist disappointing stay here!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Stockton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Nanaimo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A large property . Although the front desk clerk provided a diagram it was poorly explained and we had difficulty in locating our room. The buildings are poorly lite and marked. There is a locked exterior door before entering the hallway to our room which proved cumbersome and inconvenient. At night while it appeared safe we were nervous walking in the parking lot to and from our car and to the front entrance. Room was an acceptable size , clean and a small clean bathroom . Front desk service was average and at initial check in was poor. The sit down full breakfast was very good with excellent service. Location is somewhat difficult and confusing to reach from the Interstate highway. At the suggestion of the night front desk officer we ate at a fabulous, economical Chinese restaurant located about 4 miles away. Overall it was not a bad experience but we would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank ronash275
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Having stayed in many Best Western facilities I expected the same quality, usually good. There were no towels in the bathroom but were delivered when I called. Had to call again because they only brought 2 sets for four people. When checking out the desk clerk was busy with computer or wifi problems and I did not receive a final startement. Later in the day a voice message on my cell phone informed me that a $50 charge had been added to my credit card for a missing blanket. One of our party felt chilled during the night and looked for a blanket in the closet. There was none. 48 Hours later I am still waiting to talk to a manager. My credit card company is investigating . HBow many people have had this happen? I will never again stay at a Best Western.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank beverley k
Los Gatos, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The service is excellent, , The room was clean and tidey. The breakfast is great. The swimming pool is being upgraded but I was informed of this upon arrival. Worth the money to stay, and location is great. Right in the middle of Stockton. Resturants are all around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Marlene H
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel is exceptional for a Best Western. However, the area that it's located in leaves something to be desired. They do have around the clock roaving foot patrol on site so that was some consolation.

The hotel, all of it's ammenities and the room are very nice for a Best Western. For breakfast, it's a nice restaurant and you order off of the menu. And while the front desk staff were very pleasant, the restaurant waiter left something to be desired.

The room had the desired ammenities (microwave, refer, etc.) and a small balcony that overlooked the pool. I understand that it was a Holiday Inn at one time. Under new ownership as of 2010 and it looks like they're really doing a lot of upgrades.

Room Tip: Top floor away from any noise (elevators, ice or soda machines, etc.)....always!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Corona, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here as a half way stop to our destination in Redding. We had two rooms because there were two couples staying here. First off, the smell is really strong. The carpet is so old and out dated that it just has this horrible mildew odor from years of carpet cleaning. We checked in so late that I didn't want to have to go searching for another room in Stockton so we just bared it til morning.

In the morning the carpet cleaners decided to come at 7am and leave the backdoor open (which was tied so no one could close it) and freeze the entire first floor out. It was so cold and they would not shut the door, I'm guessing because of the nasty odor mentioned above.

After our rude awakening I went on a search for some coffee in the Lobby and they were out of creamer. I asked the manager at the front desk who told me that I need to go find some in the restaurant. After waiting in the restaurant confused, in my robe for 5 minutes with no help, I just left and went back to our room.

Honestly, between the smell and lack of friendly service, I would never stay here again. In fact, I would never stay at Best Western again merely for the fact that Holiday Inn Express is much more updated and takes way better care of you.

We were very disappointed and for the price, we felt robbed when left. Not the way you want to start a vacation. Do yourself a favor, look up the Holiday Inn Express, don't stay here.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express. You are not going to get good value for your money. The breakfast is...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family