“Noisy”

Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Snoqualmie, Washington
“Noisy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in February while visiting family in Stockton. The room itself was clean and had acceptable amenities including a mini-refrigerator and microwave. The carpet in the room is old and nasty and needs updating badly. I didn't want to go barefoot in the room. I would have given a higher rating if not for the noise. You can hear everything in rooms next door making it difficult to sleep at night. Also, doors being slammed closed in adjacent rooms are so loud that it sounds like it's your own door. That goes on all night and kept me awake. On two of the afternoons a maintenance worker fired up a loud pressure washer right outside my sliding glass door and had it running for hours. I complained about the noise to the front desk but they didn't do anything about it.

The pool and spa were out of order the entire stay, which they don't communicate when you make a reservation. I will stay at Courtyard in Stockton from now on. It's in a nice area and much quieter experience.

One other issue about this hotel is the lack of parking on the property. The hotel is adjacent to a discount grocery store open 24 hours. If you get back to your room after 8 p.m. count on having to park in the grocery store parking lot which isn't ideal since the neighborhood is surrounded by the "projects".

Room Tip: rooms at Courtyard or Hilton are better
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Svang, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent response regarding your stay. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations. Noise and traffic is always a concern for me considering we are located in the middle of town. Maintaining the property and keeping it clean is definitely on the top of my priority list. We try really hard work with our guest's schedules by selecting the best time of day to do our outdoor cleaning. Mid day has seem to work for us. If you have suggestions on what times would be best during the day, maybe we can implement that into our cleaning schedule. We're always open to new ideas.
The pool and spa are currently our of service due to an ADA requirement. We want to ensure all guest safety are not jepardized and must install pool lifts before we can operate it again. Unfortunately these lifts are back ordered due to the massive demand and requirements for California hotels to install them. We are frustrated with this waiting period because we know how much you all enjoy our pool and spa.
Again I would like to thank you for communicating your concerns with us. I would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please feel free to call me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Hermiston, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Good Best Western , nice clean room with no major problems - But breakfast was staffed by one poor waiter serving around 20 people , had your choice of bacon or bacon for the meat of the week - Maybe management needs to quit bean counting and run the hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was a late night arrival and found the property easily.

There was ample parking and the parking areas were nicely lighted. The proberty was locked up tightly and I needed my room key to get in and out of everything.
I departed pretty early in the AM and was pleased ther was coffee in the lobby but after consuming most of my cup, I starting sucking up coffee grounds.

The property was nice overall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

The catalytic converter was stolen off of my car the night that I stayed there. Not only has the hotel not offered to refund the cost of the room, but corporate BW said there was absolutely nothing they could do about it. Not even a free night's stay at another hotel. I will not be staying at this, or any other BW ever again in my life.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Stockton, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

i was pleased to stay at this hotel. Friendly staff and the rooms were very clean. The only downside I had to my stay was when i went in for breakfast. It took a while to be attended to. Once the young man took my order i seen people be serve their food and i waited and waited and nothing was being brought to me. I saw the guy that was attending me talking and joking with people and being on his phone, all while i was waiting. He stepped out of the restuarant and i saw him through the window that he went out to his car. When he came back he was talking about how he did not have cigarettes and he went and gave someone money to buy him some, still i was patiently waiting for my cereal. He stepped out once more and another employee noticed that i was waiting for a while and he got things done. The waiter came back and did not even acknowledge me. Not once did he refill my drink or ask me if i needed something. I cannot believe they employ people like this. He was a young asian guy hopefully something gets done!! 11 25 12 At 7am

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business