“VERY Impressive Hotel - hard to believe this is Stockton!”

University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We don't usually choose unbranded hotels, but this hotel looked so unique and interesting (dare I say Trendy when speaking of Stockton?). The hotel did not disappoint in any way. The location is fantastic, right on the marina and within a few minutes walk to downtown through a waterfront park. The hotel is new and modern, but the room was very large, flat panel TV, great bedding, etc. The restaurant is not open for dinner, but the breakfast and the lunch were very good - the chef even surprised us with a homemade cream puff! There chicken wings were made with blue cheese and were delicious.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 18, 2009

We arrived with a pre-paid, confirmed reservation via Travelocity to discover the hotel was closed. The local policeman said they went bankrupt. I found an article from earlier in the month saying they were being sold at auction.

Too bad, it's a very nice location/facility next to the ballpark/arena/marina. Apparently they tried selling some condos to survive but that didn't work out.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
LPWH-Stockton, Manager at University Plaza Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2009

The hotel reopened on Sept. 17, 2009 and will remain open. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed June 12, 2009

My family and I booked two rooms here because of an event we attended next door. My experience in this hotel was WONDERFUL! Weeks before my stay, I called many times for requests and each call, the staff was just wonderful and friendly.

When we arrived at the hotel, we got checked in quickly. The rooms were BEAUTIFUL especially since this was a newly built hotel at that time.

There are a few retail shops that are walking distance and the view from two of our adjoining rooms were great!

I loved my stay here and would definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I've stayed in many hotels all over the world at all price levels and this is by the best value. If it wasn't in Stockton everyone would be raving what a great 5 Star hotel it is!!
Definitely worth a try and by the far the best in a 50 mile radius of Stockton - trust me - I've tried them all!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2009

This is the second year that my company has used the Lexington for our year end event. The staff is wonderful and very accomodating.The food is OUTSTANDING, even in large quantities, which is a real plus.

I have also had the pleasure of staying the night both times. The rooms are very nice with comfortable bedding. The TV has inputs so you can bring your kids video games to keep them busy.

This is a non-smoking hotel, so you have to go out front to smoke. All in all, it is a great place to meet friend for drinks, host events or stay the night after going to a concert, hockey or baseball game at the Stockton arena, conveniently located right across the street!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2009

There is simply no comparrison between this and the other hotels in Stockton. I actually live in Stockton and find the Lexington my home away from home. I have stayed there on multiple occasions. My employer has their annual party here, and Lexington host special occasions such as Valentines Day! Boy, I have never been so spoiled. My room over looked the watefront, I have Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and Champagne. There was great band and we danced for hours. The beds are also really comfortable in the nautical rooms. It is brand new and sparking clean! It is also right next door to the Stockton Arena. We stop in for happy hour before the Hockey games or concerts.
The restraunt food has always been yummy. If you go, you must try the chocolate mouse! Mmmmmm.
Keep up the good work Lexington! Bout time Stockton had some class!

Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I have spent a few nights in the guest rooms and they have always been clean and the stay pleasant. I have attended company parties of 200+ the past two years and the food is good, the staff accomodating and the look/feel of the room/hotel is great! On Valentine's Day last year I had several special requests to make the night a memorable one for my boyfriend and I and the staff went above and beyond to make it one of the best nights we've had. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place to stay while in Stockton. If you're a hockey fan...it's a GREAT place to go before and after the games!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends