“Cheap meets luxury”

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Stockton, California
“Cheap meets luxury”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

They have you pay monthly rates and if you averaged the price out is about $50 a night. I would put this hotel up against some of the best Hilton, Marriott, Best Westerns and Holiday Inns that I've stayed at. The staff is really friendly and helpful. Plus if you have time it is right next to the local hockey teams arena! Overall nice rooms, plenty of extras for a more than decent price!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was my first time in the San Francisco-Stockton area. I was there to serve as the Best Man to my very best friend (EVER), as he said "I DO" to the love of his life. I was in SF for a few days and spent 4 days in Stockton... I was overwhelmed by the great energy in SF so i expected more of that in Stockton, other than the reception and preparations the day of the wedding (which was AMAZING). Stockton didn't really compare (Me being from Miami and all). But i will say this hotel/student loft property is AWESOME!! i felt like we were on some secluded island, free from the riggamoro & nonsense of the rest of the city.. i remember commenting about the cool look property unaware that was my hotel for the weekend.. Very spacious, super cool view of the courtyard, CLEAN, 24/7 Security and the STAFF was very accommodating.. I'm in the hospitality industry (9+ years) as well, so i know what to look for in the rooms and especially from the Staff.. I shared pix with my friends back in South Beach, Raleigh,NC and even my new friends in Northern California...ONE MORE THING, THANK YOU AGAIN to CANDICE (Front Desk Agent) for being such a sweetheart and making my stay such an enjoyable one... I love how she asked about the wedding and took a minute to check out some of the photos.. EVERY TIME I SAW HER, SHE HAD A SMILE!!

Room Tip: I suggest a courtyard view.. with the V shape of the building, any room on the inner side will do...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Rocklin, California
Reviewed March 1, 2014

University Plaza Waterfront Hotel welcomed us "home" to Stockton! Nicholas Gray was so helpful, from taking our luggage to our room, to greeting us in the restaurant, to meeting us out in the parking lot! He's a versatile young man, with a great personality--and passion for the hospitality industry and this particular property! Our room was lovely, the bed was very comfortable, and the dinner in the restaurant was truly gourmet! Having a full-size refrigerator/freezer and microwave in our room helped a lot! We recommend University Plaza Waterfront Hotel, and hope others will encounter Nicholas Gray, as we did! He was just wonderful! We'll return to this fine hotel---again and again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was in Stockton for two days of business. I did not really want to be there and do not think I will ever be in that town again. This hotel was the bright spot of the 54 hours of my life that I will otherwise never get back.

The hotel features lots of natural light and overlooks a beautiful courtyard/pool area with a large park and waterfront further in the distance. At night, people gather in the courtyard to socialize and it gives this hotel a lively feel. The restaurant serves enormous portions of well thought out food. I went worried about having to eat at a hotel restaurant and left happy but heavier than when I arrived.

The rooms are upscale, clean, and comfortable.

Staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. They were good with recommendations of things to do and flexible with shuttling us around in the hotel van throughout the downtown area.

I specifically note that the bartender, Kris, worked very hard to make sure our 6 person group was taken care of.

If you have to go to Stockton, stay at this hotel and you might even have a good time :-)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CJnFLA
Largo, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2014

stayed at this hotel while testifying for a case at the courthouse and this place was so beautiful it took away the stress of my reason for being there. rooms were so cute and well maintained, everything worked perfectly. bed was possibly the only bed in the world more cozy then mine at home. i love to eat and i can tell you the food was amazing. everything i ordered while there was perfect. the lobby restaurant staff was wonderful. Kris A. was not only the best bartender ever, but he was my go to guy for anything my friends and i needed. whether it is was suggesting and making an amazing drink, or suggesting a good place to go visit during our trip, he seemed to know it all. Stockton isn't the first place you would think to take a vacation, but after this experience i can honestly say that i would not mind going back.

Room Tip: any room overlooking the courtyard/pool area.. the morning sun is gorgeous from that view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

The hotel met all my needs from security, patrolled parking across the street, very friendly accommodating staff, ultra clean room with lots of space large tub shower combo, decent in house restaurant and it all just felt comfortable. Remember that virtually all of Stockton can be a little dicey at night. If I were a single person I am sure that a night time escort to the lot is available. This last minute trip was a necessity and the last thing I wanted was hassles.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Lodi, California
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful Rooms!!!! Housekeeping is impeccable, oversized showers, fridge and microwaves are a standard in each room, we asked for a roll in bed at midnight and the staff went out of their way to get one at no extra charge...tried to tip but he said No don't worry about it...just enjoy your stay.... On hockey game nights the bar and restaurant are hoping with fans and the staff blows up black n yellow balloons plus wear hockey jerseys to support their hometown team. I'm actually looking at their long term rentals/lofts once my lease is up :) The new owner and his team has done stockton a huge favor and in my professional opinion if it was not for this hotel and the hockey team I would take my biz to Sacramento ....

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends