“Nice place to stay in Stockton”

University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel has very nice amenities, my favorite being their grounds around the pool area. Outdoor pool tables, fire pits, lots of seating and right on the water. All of the staff were very friendly, accomodating and professional. Located right next to Stockton Arena (which is a pretty nice arena).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I read previous negative reviews about the area. I disagree for I am picky about where I stay and I did not see anything bad about the location or hotel. Very nice staff abd helpful and I went there to do a photo shoot of a model and I loved the room and nice grounds and lots of stuff to do in local area.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Beautifully manicured lawn(even if it was fake;)..pool and spa with furniture you'd expect to find in Vegas or at the W hotel..food was awesome (try the steak sandwich or salmon) A few of the staff knew me by name by the end of my 3 day stay. We were up early everyday so one thing I never was able to take advantage of was that HUGE bar and courtyard..they have outdoor pool tables and ping pong...yes pool tables! I could only watch families out there enjoying themselves because I had to sleep but I'm coming back soon so that is one thing I will be sure to take advantage of more. Rooms were clean.. beds were VERY comfortable. Can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard or arena view...I didn't have either but my coworkers did so I will be sure to...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We loved staying at the University Plaza Waterfront Hotel, eating dinner at their restaurant, and docking our boat at the guest dock at the Stockton Marina next door. Unfortunately, our boat was robbed and vandalized overnight while we were sleeping on our trip last weekend. This hotel looks great in pictures, but is in a very bad part of town. We will no longer be staying at the hotel because we cannot trust our boat to be safe at the security gated marina next door. Nice hotel, but unsafe area!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Janell M
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Rooms are kind of dorm like. Decor all though not all blue just seemed to dark. My air conditioning was not working and temp outside was unbearably hot. Called front desk to have fixed. Maintance must have come up while I was out as room cooled down to 74 from 87. Left for dinner and when I came back later it was 81 again. It was a miserable night. Next morning looked for the coffee maker and there was not one. What hotel doesn't have a coffee maker in the room now days?

Room Tip: requesting a room overlooking the water and pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ploegers
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Picturesque views.. Sits right on the waterfront. huge park & wharf across from it. The Hotel is situated In old Downtown Stockton right next to the Events center & stadium. Rooms are modern & clean. Staff very friendly & accommodating. WIFI works excellent, refridge & Micro in all rooms. Large pool area & many Lounge chairs to relax & take in the views. Came here for an energy training (saveonmyutilities.myambit.com) The place has small to medium sized conference rooms

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the water
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2013

with upscale surroundings and a great view I enjoy a day of recreation and great food. The bar is exceptional and the dining area is first class. This facility offers the best in food and above average rooms in the area. All employees are very friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors have a great view of downtown Stockton and afterdark the waterfront w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo