“An Amazing Stay AJ &JJ Wedding Night”

University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My stay was very last minute but they treat me as if I had been planning for weeks. The staff was amazing at the registration desk to Angie Guzman taking care of every need that we requested. I highly recommend this property and it provides a softer side of Stockton. The room was very well kept and it was very spacious and comfortable. The beds are comfortable and the décor is very class in the room. The food is great and the outdoor activities are unique to any guests. You can play ping pong, a game of pool or just relax in the pool area. I must stay if you are ever in Stockton.

Room Tip: Every room is great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for University Plaza Waterfront Hotel

Reviewed June 17, 2013

In my Business, Projects can last for quite some time. I found this Hotel, actually recommended by friends at a bar in Stockton, and absolutely fell in love with it. Jean, the Manager, gave me a tour of the property, and quoted me a very reasonable price and I started my move in. The Hotel is very modern, state of the art amenities, view of the Sacramento river from my room, huge courtyard and pool. Jean and her staff are the most accomadating and friendly people I have had the privledge to meet. Chris, the Food and Beverage Manager, runs a tight ship and the restaurant food is excellent. Thanks Jean!!! I will be here until August of 2013, Love it here!!

Room Tip: 4th floor view of the Courtyard and the river.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Hotel. The only thing that bothered me that we were at a miniature show and decided to have our lunch there in the ballroom. 'we were given menus which listed our lunch at $9.99. When we got our ticket, it was listed at $10.99. We questioned this and was told they did not have time to change the prices on the menus. We find this totally unacceptable. I realize it was only a dollar difference, but it was fraud stating one price and charged another. We had our dinner the Friday night at the bar and it was wonderful. The young man at the bar told us to order only 1 pizza for the two of us as it was a very large pizza. I felt this was very courteous of him to suggest this. The pizza was wonderful. What a pleasant place to stay - clean. The older man at the desk was a little bit coarse. The young lady was a darling. Enough said.

Peggy Puckett and Phyllis Weston - Room112

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013

i just had a major event at this hotel and being a stocktonian I was very impressed with the hotel. it seems as if im in another city the place is so beautiful. the location is great, customer service was awesome and chris the manager in the back is now my best friend, he just doesn't know it yet. we had our event in the courtyard and it being over 100 degrees I started to panic. surprisingly it wasn't too bad because the hotel shaded the whole courtyard by 4 and being next to the delta, the place cooled off by 6. the day before angie even offered to change the location to the banquet room instead of the courtyard... not once during the many times we had to change the dates did angie complained or gave us a had time or charged for the inconvience. she even scheduled a food tasting a 3 days before our event when I was available even though food tasting was between certain hours. the chef was amazing and so courteous, you can tell he took pride in his food. the staff made my event look georgeous. my guests thought I spent three times the amount I spent because they did such a good job... one of the first things I noticed about the place is that everybody goes out of their way to make sure youre taken care of. there was a customer there who was really upset about something and chris stopped whatever he was doing just to give her a hug. since then we make it a point to say hi to chris everytime we visit the place which is about once or twice a week. this place had become our second home. we come for the delicious food and to just relax in their courtyard. sometimes we just like to imajin that we live there. like every hotel they have their flaws like the front desk but I no jean will take care of that. overall the waterfront is the best hotel in Stockton and you gotta come visit this place. I would hate to see this place close down all because of stocktons bad reputation

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Sparkling clean, new hotel with tastefully decorated rooms.. Bed so comfortable and rooms so quiet we slept like babies. Even complementary Starbucks coffee downstairs in the morning. Great staff. Loved my Malibu rum drink(s) in the bar.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My son had his wedding at this property, and I will say that It's a beautiful property and the CSM was great! However, that's as far as it went. Let me see where to start... Well I pre paid rooms in cash for several family members to avoid my cc getting hit hard. The process went well, until 30 min. into the reception. The FD was giving out our occupied room keys to non-registered guests. We knew these folks, but never authorized them to give out room keys! My son's room was thrashed and used as a watering hole. Apparently, his room wasn't the only one that keys were given out... I decided to get my niece a room with her husband because they were having such a good time and they still wanted to stay. So, I walked over to the FD and spoke to a young lady. I told her that I needed another room for my niece who has decided to stay. She asked if she should charge it on my cc on file. I indicated No. I gave her my AMEX instead with specific instructions that they are not allowed to post anything on the room. I also mentioned for her not to link this room to my room. My niece stayed and apparently gave the FDA her information. Around 10 pm, we all left to the club for an after event. We had to be back early because I pre-paid for brunch the next day. Here is when we went further South!

Brunch was set for 11:15am. My son called are room around 10am indicating that people were already eating. Well I flipped a gasket and called the FD. The young lady indicated that her manager told her to give out yellow tickets fro brunch. Our tickets were white! Apparently, the FD was giving out tickets like if the brunch were a free marketing event!! I will say that Chris, the FB Asst. Manager jumped in and stopped the money bleed. Chris, Thank you!!! and my cc thanks you!!

Overall, this would have been a flawless event if it weren't for the drop of the ball from there FD staff! you can't just give room keys away to unauthorized people.... The FD needs training in security compliance, guest relations, customer service and confirming an ID check before issuing keys. Don't get me wrong, they have their stars like Jesus. Mya (not sure if I spelled it right).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angel A
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel to stay in when picking my husband up at the Stockton airport. Stockton doesn't have the greatest reputation. I was looking for a place that appeared safe. I will say this place is a gem. After ready reviews about how romantic the courtyard was I thought I would give it a try. I arrived mid day and was pleasantly surprised, there was a Gretchen Wilson concert right across the river in the outside amphitheater. My daughter and lounged by the pool while listening to "our" free concert. We then had dinner outside in the courtyard.
The rooms were VERY comfortable.
The only negative thing I have to say is, after the concert was over the pool & courtyard became a party zone for a ton of very drunk people from the concert. What appeared to be the manager seemed very overwhelmed trying to keep these people from bringing their cases of coors light to the pool. Overall a relaxing place, just check to see what kind of concert is happening across the river before booking, so you will know what type of people you will be sharing your evening with.

• Stayed: June 2013