University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Residence Inn Stockton(Stockton)
$179
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

$90
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsping pongfront deskdelta bistrohockey gamedowntown stocktonfull size refrigeratorshuttle servicefire pitoutdoor arearestaurant barnice amenitiesrooms are largeflat screen tvsan franciscogreat customer serviceupon checkparking lot
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I work the asparagus festival and 2 years ago found this hotel. This place is so head and shoulders above this town. The rooms, wow. Desk service, impressive. But the real reason to stop by is Kevin, short Chris and Ari. If you want to feel like you are hanging out with friends spend some time in the bar, these guys are ligit.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am fortunate enough to reside in the condominiums located on the upper floors of the hotel. My experience at the Waterfront has been absolutely wonderful. The hotel is gorgeous from its interior design to the courtyard which provides a breath taking view of the Delta.(Especially during Sunrise/Sunset) As far as the rooms go the beds are almost too comfortable. The pillow top mattress combined with down comforter and fluffy pillows makes it difficult to get out of bed every morning.

As far as the staff goes I have never met a more genuinely warm and friendly group of people. From the parking attendants to the front desk and restaurants everyone goes out of their way to make you feel at home. I can honestly say in the 8 months I have been living here no one has been rude or short tempered with me. Once I lost my favorite jacket with no idea of where to begin looking and I told one of the women at the front desk, Priscilla, about it and she found it for me within a couple of days of my informing her about it. Mind you, my jacket had been lost for over to a week before I disclosed the information to her. This same woman , who usually works in the morning, has one of the brightest spirits I have encountered. Every morning as I am on my way to school she greets me with a warm smile and asks me how I am doing. I know it is more than a formality because she constantly asks me follow up questions about things I have told her previously.

In an effort to keep this short and sweet I'll end there. If you're ever in Stockton take note because the University Plaza Waterfront Hotel is the place to be!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here because I just wanted some time to myself. I was going through a difficult time because of a death in the family. The hotel itself is beautiful (especially for stockton).

I booked a room for two nights, thinking it would be a relaxing experience. It wasn't. I woke up at 6am to loud construction noise. It didn't stop for hours and it was on an off consistently, so it kept waking me up. They were LITERALLY drilling (or something like that) into my wall from the next room over. When I complained to the hotel manager, she apologized, gave me a small discount for the night I had just stayed and told me should would transfer me to a new room. She assured me there would be no construction. I made her promise because I did not want to stay another night under those conditions. She said she spoke directly to the foreman and there was no construction happening the next day-at all.

The next morning I woke up to the same thing at 6am! Couldn't believe it. I went to the front desk and asked for the manager. She wasn't there and the guy at the front desk was really rude and said I already got a discount from the night before! I hadn't even asked for a discount-he acted as if I were complaining for no reason.

I explained that I would not have stayed had I known there was loud construction and that the manager had promised me there would be no construction. I checked out and was given the managers phone number. When I followed up with her at a later date, she was extremely rude and just repeatedly stated, "what do you want me to do?" When I said "I don't know," she hung up. No apologies, nothing.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Phillip S
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was in Stockton attending school for six weeks and stayed at this property. I'm used to a more rugged environment, what I got was this beautiful courtyard and what I'm sure my wife would think was a plush bed. It was soft and comfortable. While the TV channels lack in variety, I was a bit busy with school to really pay attention. The people in the bar and restaurant were just amazing. What was a bonus was that the front desk was absolutely amazing. I had to be to school earlier than when the restaurant would be open. The night clerk, I think her name was Samona, made coffee for me and the other students and went out of her way. I remember one morning I walked down earlier and she was checking someone out, no coffee was out. I waited to see if maybe I missed it and as soon as she was done with that guest, told me she'd be right back and out came the coffee. It's just an example of the service this place brought to us. I was expecting a much different atmosphere. I also liked that they nearly had a fully functioning grocery store. The girl on the morning shifts was amazing in helping me out, her name started a P but I can't remember it. If you go there, ask for these two at the front desk, they are amazing. At the restaurant I had Kelly help me a couple of times and she was so warm and friendly. The other server in the morning seemed too busy to help me, but Kelly was warm, friendly, and quick to help. I really appreciated her help. In the bar, you gotta stop and say hi to Chris. I was here for six weeks and it felt like my second home. The only issue I had was with housekeeping not keeping up with my room. there was a couple of days that I didn't get service or towels. But the service the rest of the hotel provided, was amazing. It over rode the bad with housekeeping. If you go to Stockton, you need to stay here. Amazing rooms, service, and I really hated to leave at the end of my sessions. If I come through here again, I'll be staying for sure.

Room Tip: Mine faced the arena and that was a cool site at night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you have not stayed here you are missing a very special place. The hotel is on the water and there is a very pleasant park walk in downtown Stockton. The Hotel has a very comfortable and enjoyable center courtyard complete with gracious patio seating with heat lamps and a pool table and ping-pong table for a relaxing game.
But best of all the staff are friendly efficient and knowledgeable. The accommodation is upscale modern and a bit unique -- you know you are staying in a place that cares.
We go out of our way to stay here -- it is that good!

Room Tip: We like the ground floor inside unit because of the ambiance of the courtyard.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family