“Great place to stay. Especially for Stockton.”

University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family while I was visiting Stockton. Great service. People are nice. There's a dirty but good-enough-to-look-at lake. Price is good. There's a park on the other side. It's downtown Stockton so there's places to hang out and eat. But it's Stockton so try not to go out at night. The courtyard is quite nice to hang out at. Much better than any other motels or that other hotel in Stockton.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was a first-time stay at this property. Was pleasantly surpised that the guest rooms were well-designed, extremely functional with great working space, and an oversize bathroom with huge shower. Hotel staff were extremely responsive. There was a climate control saver on the AC and I wanted to cool the room down more for sleeping...so an engineer promptly came and reprogrammed the AC so that I could sleep 4 or 5 degrees cooler. That was a really good customer service touch.
The meeting rooms are nice, set-up staff terrific. Very accomodating. Would highly recommend this property to others scheduling business meetings.

Room Tip: Cant go wrong with any of the rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I feel it would be a crime if I didnt share where my fellow Stocktonians can get the Best Soups In Town! Monday - Sunday the University Plaza Hotel has a delicious Soup of the day. The Soups are made with quality, and the presentation is flawless. And the the food is complimented with A+ Service. You have to try it for yourself Folks!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed at the waterfront multiple times and each time has been such a wonderful experience. From the parking employees, to the front desk, waiters, waitresses, and clean rooms, I always look forward to my stay there! Nina, Myia, and Rick have been nothing but kind and extremely helpful. They always greet with smiles and have received a special spot in my heart! love the waterfront!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

From the moment of our check in, to the time of our departure we were given first class service. The staff was helpful and friendly and the suite was clean, comfortable and beautiful. This was a terrific romantic getaway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at the hotel with a group of families with children in town for a tournament and it was perfect!! The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. We did not see or hear any college students, but they are definitely there. This is a great choice for anyone looking for a more upscale option while in Stockton.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at the University Plaza Waterfront Hotel on a recent business trip and it was definitely near the best hotel experience I have ever had. As a frequent traveler, a comfortable bed, a clean bathroom, and a friendly staff are very important to me. Not only did the hotel meet my expecations, but well exceeded them. The hotel bed and linens were probably some of the most comfortable I have EVER slept in. Not only was the bed comfortable, but the room was a nice serene enviroment. I didn't ever have to venture far from the hotel because the Delta Bistro was amazing, not only reasonably priced (for my fellow travelers who have a low per diem on meals) - but the food... unique and delicious (also, I loved to relax during my dinners in the arm charm/table setup deal - see picture. The bar was always filled and the enviroment was very friendly. I had the oppportunity to meet the manager Warren and he was constantly walking around and speaking with staff/guest - that is not common in my experiences to see the manager so involved and I am a Hilton Honors member. My service, my stay, and my overall reccomendation is that this is the top hotel in Stockon to stay in.

Room Tip: Ask for 301 - it has a very nice setup, it's quiet, and the bathroom is HUGE.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business