“Waterfront is absolutely amazing!”

University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed at the waterfront multiple times and each time has been such a wonderful experience. From the parking employees, to the front desk, waiters, waitresses, and clean rooms, I always look forward to my stay there! Nina, Myia, and Rick have been nothing but kind and extremely helpful. They always greet with smiles and have received a special spot in my heart! love the waterfront!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 18, 2013

From the moment of our check in, to the time of our departure we were given first class service. The staff was helpful and friendly and the suite was clean, comfortable and beautiful. This was a terrific romantic getaway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at the hotel with a group of families with children in town for a tournament and it was perfect!! The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. We did not see or hear any college students, but they are definitely there. This is a great choice for anyone looking for a more upscale option while in Stockton.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at the University Plaza Waterfront Hotel on a recent business trip and it was definitely near the best hotel experience I have ever had. As a frequent traveler, a comfortable bed, a clean bathroom, and a friendly staff are very important to me. Not only did the hotel meet my expecations, but well exceeded them. The hotel bed and linens were probably some of the most comfortable I have EVER slept in. Not only was the bed comfortable, but the room was a nice serene enviroment. I didn't ever have to venture far from the hotel because the Delta Bistro was amazing, not only reasonably priced (for my fellow travelers who have a low per diem on meals) - but the food... unique and delicious (also, I loved to relax during my dinners in the arm charm/table setup deal - see picture. The bar was always filled and the enviroment was very friendly. I had the oppportunity to meet the manager Warren and he was constantly walking around and speaking with staff/guest - that is not common in my experiences to see the manager so involved and I am a Hilton Honors member. My service, my stay, and my overall reccomendation is that this is the top hotel in Stockon to stay in.

Room Tip: Ask for 301 - it has a very nice setup, it's quiet, and the bathroom is HUGE.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank gregg3502
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I know there are not very many options in Stockton, but I cannot believe that one of the more expensive hotels, University Plaza, lacks hot water in the morning!

The hotel is, indeed, a college dorm. It is primarily a residence for college kids at UOP. What does that mean? Cheap furniture everywhere (IKEA, etc. otherwise it would be destroyed), an empty bar/restaurant with limited selections, horribly spotty WiFi, bad parking, limited/no staff (e.g., no valet, no bell hop), and bad linens.

I could tolerate all of the above, even though the WiFi is an issue, but seriously, no hot water in the morning!?!?!? This happened on each of the days I stayed at this hotel... What is this, the dark ages? Considering the hotel appeared to be 1/2 empty, I have to wonder how the hotel lacks the capacity to keep up with the hot water needs...

In any event, unless you like cold showers, I suggest you stay at another hotel...

Room Tip: Don't shower or shave in the morning since this hotel runs out of hot water...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mk98
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My family has been coming to this hotel for a couple of years now for my daughter's softball tournaments. This hotel is the jewel of Stockton and has become a home away from home. When I check in, I am greeted with warm smiles. I had an issue with a reservation that I thought I had made, but it wasn't showing up in the computer, and Jean, the Front Desk Manager was able to get me in a room with a King bed, but I really needed a room with 2 beds as we were 2 adults and 2 kids. Jean said she would try her very best and would call me back in a couple of days with news either way. I thought to myself, "ya right, that's what they all say." Well, to my surprise and delight, Jean called me back the very next day and was able to switch my room to a room with 2 beds.

Most recently, we were there for a 16U Girl's Softball tournament. That Saturday night, there happened to be a HUGE costume party for Halloween. The person who checked us in was very considerate in giving us a room on the opposite wing so that the girls wouldn't be kept up by the ruckus. It was very quiet in the room and the girls were able to get a good night's rest.

Everytime I check in, I am greeted like I am coming home with the front desk personnel always having warm smiles, and the words, "welcome back". I wish I remembered all their names, but will make it a point next time. Everyone is GREAT and extremely helpful.

CC at the bar and restaurant is the BEST. She is always accommodating, fun to talk to and her service is impeccable.

The Go-to guys Greg and Rick are wonderful and make sure the property is safe, everyone is having a good time and truly care for the hotel like it is theirs.

I look forward to going back and will not stay in any other hotel in Stockton!

PS Even though the hotel houses The University Lofts, this has never been an issue or concern.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the restaurant or for a room with a view of the water.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Yvonne411
Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you are staying in Stockton, this is your place! The staff is amazing and the customer service is impecable. The staff are always friendly and helpful, and the rooms are very comfortable. The attention to detail, and their visitors is priceless.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the river, or the lawn.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends